April 24th, 2019|
If you were recently injured in an auto accident, there’s a good chance the other driver’s insurance company knows about it. Insurance companies are always looking for ways to increase their profits, and that means paying victims like you as little as possible after crashes.
Because auto accident victims often face expensive medical bills and a prolonged time away from work, they know that getting money fast is one of their top priorities. Unfortunately, insurance companies take advantage of that fact by offering victims settlements that aren’t nearly enough to cover all of their injury-related expenses.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California auto accident attorneys are here to protect you from the insurance company’s tricks and tactics. We can calculate how much your claim is worth, and it’s our goal to help you get every dollar that you deserve. Call us today for a free consultation.
3 Reasons to Not Immediately Accept the Insurance Company’s Initial Offer
If the insurance company offers you a settlement soon after your crash, you shouldn’t accept it without consulting a lawyer first for the following reasons:
- It may not cover your expenses—The insurance company knows you need money now, but it may not factor in your future injury-related expenses.
- You may be unable to pursue additional compensation—If you accept the insurance company’s offer, you may be locked out from filing a claim for more money down the road.
- It’s important to get a second opinion—Even if the amount the insurance company is offering seems fair, it’s essential to have an experienced attorney look over it to make sure that accepting it is in your best interests.
Our California car accident attorneys know that insurance companies are out to protect their own profits—not give victims the money they deserve. Don’t be a victim for a second time after your crash. Contact Berg Injury Lawyers today to find out how we may be able to help.
April 23rd, 2019|
Filing injury claims against negligent drivers is common for people who are hurt in crashes that weren’t their fault. But when those negligent drivers are their friends or family members, they’re often much less likely to pursue compensation.
If you were recently hurt in a crash that was caused by a friend or loved one, it’s important to speak to a California auto accident lawyer about your options. You’re likely facing significant accident-related expenses, including medical bills and lost wages, but you may be hesitant to move forward.
Our lawyers want to help you make the right decisions during this difficult time. It’s our goal to help you review your options and decide on the best course of action to make sure you’re fairly compensated. Contact Berg Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation.
3 Steps to Take After a Crash
It’s important to act fast after a crash, even if it was caused by a friend or family member. Three vital steps to your recovery and your rights to compensation include:
- Call 911—Calling 911 dispatches police officers and emergency responders to your location. The responding officers will create an official report of the crash, while the paramedics will provide aid to anyone who is injured.
- Get medical attention—Regardless of whether you get treated at the scene or you don’t think you are seriously injured, it’s still important to see a doctor soon after the crash. In addition to creating a medical report, it will also help rule out internal injuries.
- Call a lawyer—Evidence quickly disappears after crashes, making it more difficult for victims to get the compensation they need. The sooner you contact us after your accident, the better.
We know that filing a compensation claim against a friend or loved one can be an uncomfortable and stressful experience. Our legal team is ready to handle your case with the sensitivity it deserves, and we’ll make sure you know all your options when it comes to getting the money you deserve. Call us today for a free consultation.
April 22nd, 2019|
Dog owners in California are supposed to keep their pets leashed and restrained in public and on their properties. When they fail to do so, they can injure innocent victims—even if they have no previous history of aggression.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California dog bite lawyers know how serious dog attacks can be for victims. Dogs can have sharp teeth that can damage skin, blood vessels, muscles, tendons, and nerves. Victims often experience debilitating effects after bites, including reduced mobility, disability, and even life-threatening infections and blood loss.
If you or someone you love was bitten by an unrestrained dog, you deserve maximum compensation. You may be facing expensive medical bills for everything from overnight hospital stays and surgeries to prescription medications and physical rehabilitation. We believe that innocent victims like you shouldn’t have to pay for dog bite-related expenses out of pocket when owners are negligent and allow their pets to roam freely.
In addition to serious health complications, dog bites can also result in permanent disability. Victims may have nerve damage and lose the use of affected digits and limbs, making it difficult or impossible for them to do their jobs. That means they miss out on wages both while they’re in the hospital and long after they get released.
Get in touch with us to find out how we may be able to help you get the money you deserve. Call today for a free consultation.
April 17th, 2019|
Car crashes result in serious injuries and big medical bills. Many victims are unable to go back to work for long periods of time, and when they’re not working, they’re not earning the paychecks they need for their day-to-day living expenses.
Auto insurance providers are supposed to step in and provide compensation for victims after accidents that weren’t their fault, but that doesn’t always happen. In fact, insurance companies are often more concerned with their own profits than giving fair settlements to innocent victims. That means valid claims frequently get reduced or even denied.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, we believe that victims should get the money they deserve when they get injured by negligent drivers. If you were hurt in a crash that wasn’t your fault, don’t leave your financial recovery up to the insurance company’s whims. Contact our California auto accident attorneys today for a free consultation.
Insurance Companies Often Look for These Mistakes and Oversights
Insurance companies and the adjusters who work for them are always on the lookout for reasons to deny claims, including:
- Discrepancies or changes in injury reports—Victims should always be honest about their injuries. Exaggerating the severity of their injuries or changing their stories later can result in their claims being denied by insurance companies.
- Waiting too long to get medical treatment—Insurance companies assume that injured victims will seek immediate medical attention. When victims wait too long to get treated, adjusters may believe that their injuries aren’t serious or are pre-existing.
- Lack of evidence—Evidence can help prove that victims are innocent and that other drivers were negligent in the moments leading up to crashes. When evidence is lacking or non-existent, insurance companies are less likely to give victims compensation.
Having an experienced law firm on your side can help you avoid those missteps. Don’t risk your claim getting reduced or denied. Contact Berg Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation, and let us fight for your rights to maximum compensation.
April 15th, 2019|
If you served in the U.S. Armed Forces, you’re supposed to be eligible to receive a variety of benefits, including compensation if you get sick or injured in the line of duty. But as many veterans already know, getting approved for those benefits by the Veterans Administration (VA) isn’t easy.
The VA has strict criteria for approving disability benefits claims, and many valid claims slip through the cracks and get denied every year. Whether it’s due to small oversights, missing paperwork, or even processing errors, a significant number of veterans lose out on their chance to get the money they deserve.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, we believe that all veterans are entitled to the benefits they were promised when they pledged to serve our country. If you or someone you love is seeking disability benefits after suffering an injury or illness while in the U.S. military, our California veterans disability lawyers want to speak with you.
When you choose us to help you with your claim, we can collect evidence that proves your disability is linked to your military service, and then we’ll build a claim that maximizes your chances of approval. Our legal team knows the ins and outs of the VA’s approval process, and that means we know what it takes to make sure your claim is properly reviewed.
Contact us today for a free consultation, and let us put our experience and resources to work for your family.
April 10th, 2019|
April 8th, 2019|
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) frequently reviews safety data concerning all types of medication. When it finds results that indicate certain medications may pose dangers to patients, it may recommend that the manufacturers of those medications recall their products from pharmacy and hospital shelves. However, recalls don’t always happen, and even when they do, recalled medications may still be distributed to patients or remain in patients’ medicine cabinets.
You can stay up to date on medication recalls by checking the FDA’s safety alert page. The page includes a search function, allowing you to find out if a medication you’re currently taking or were just prescribed is subject to a recall. If so, it’s important to take the following steps:
- Determine if your medication is part of the recall—Make sure the brand name and manufacturer of the recalled medication match the brand name and manufacturer of the medication you’re taking. In some cases, even that doesn’t mean your medication has been recalled, as certain batches of medications may be subject to recalls, while other batches aren’t.
- Don’t stop taking your medication without talking to your doctor—Although some recalls are due to serious defects that can pose threats to patients, many are due to minor errors such as improper labeling. In addition, it may be more dangerous for you to stop taking your medication than to continue taking it, even if it’s linked to health problems.
April 1st, 2019|
If you recently lost a loved one because of another person’s or party’s negligence, you may be eligible to pursue compensation for your family’s expenses, including medical bills and lost wages. However, wrongful death claims are often difficult to prove, and they require plenty of evidence and persistence. Getting a successful outcome is hard for many families, especially when they’re still grieving the loss of a loved one.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California wrongful death lawyers know what you’re going through. We have many years of experience building successful claims for families like yours, and it’s our goal to take some of the stress of this difficult time off your shoulders while you focus on moving forward with your life. When you choose us to handle your claim, we’ll take the following steps on your behalf:
- We’ll collect evidence that proves your loved one’s death was negligence-related—Whether your loved one suffered fatal injuries in an accident or suffered health problems due to medical malpractice or a defective product, we’ll collect evidence that definitively proves his or her cause of death was preventable.
- We’ll determine how much money you’re owed and fight to help you get it—You may be facing expensive medical bills and funeral costs that you can’t afford, especially if your loved one was the primary income earner in your household. We’ll calculate how much money you deserve, and then we’ll negotiate with the insurance company to get you every penny you’re owed.
Call us today for a free consultation. We’re ready to put our experience to work for your family.
March 27th, 2019|
If you were hurt in an accident that wasn’t your fault, getting compensation is one of your biggest priorities. That’s because your medical bills are piling up, and your injuries may prevent you from working and earning the paychecks you need to keep up with your family’s day-to-day expenses.
Hiring a lawyer can help you maximize your chances of getting full compensation for your accident-related expenses, but you may be hesitant to make the call. Getting a lawyer after an accident can be an intimidating process for some people, especially if they’ve never needed to use the legal system in the past. At Berg Injury Lawyers, we do everything we can to help clients feel comfortable and confident in us and our track record of success.
How Can a Lawyer Help After an Accident?
A 2014 study by the Insurance Research Council found that 93 percent of people who hired lawyers after their accidents said they would do it again. Here are a couple reasons why so many people may have been glad that they contacted law firms:
- A lawyer deals with the insurance company on your behalf—Insurance adjusters have one job—reducing or denying payments to victims like you. They accomplish that by trying to get victims to make incriminating statements or by getting them to accept lowball settlements. You shouldn’t have to deal with that when you’re recovering, and when you get a lawyer, you won’t have to. All phone calls, letters, and emails will go through your attorney.
- A lawyer negotiates to get you maximum compensation—The expenses associated with injuries can continue adding up as months or years go by. With a lawyer on your side, you’ll know that your settlement won’t just cover your current expenses—it will also cover expenses you may incur down the road.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California auto accident attorneys know what you’re going through after a crash, and it’s our goal to help you get maximum compensation. Call today for a free consultation.
March 25th, 2019|
Even the biggest passenger vehicles, including pickup trucks and SUVs, are no match for semi trucks during crashes. That’s because tractor trailers can weigh up to 80,000 pounds and are dozens of feet in length when their trailers are fully loaded.
If you or someone you love was involved in an accident with a big truck, you may have suffered serious and debilitating injuries. At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California truck accident attorneys know what you’re going through. We’ve helped many people just like you get the compensation they deserve after accidents, and we’ll do everything in our power to help you, too.
When you choose us to handle your truck accident claim, we’ll work hard for you in the following ways:
- We’ll collect evidence to determine who was at fault—Truck accidents can have many causes and liable parties, including negligent drivers, truck owners, and truck companies. We’ll investigate the crash and find out who caused it.
- We’ll prove your injuries were caused during the crash—The insurance company may be skeptical of your claim, and it may believe your injuries are pre-existing. We’ll use medical records and even expert witnesses to leave no doubt that the crash caused your injuries.
- We’ll negotiate to get you a fair settlement—By calculating your injury-related medical bills and lost wages, we’ll find out exactly how much money you’re owed. Then, we’ll negotiate with the insurance company to maximize your chances of getting it.
Ready to get started? Contact us today for a free consultation.