June 12th, 2019|
After a car accident, the most important thing you can do to protect your health and your rights to compensation is get medical attention. Even if you have no visible injuries or immediate pain, it’s important to get evaluated by a medical professional. Whether you see a first responder at the scene or visit your doctor in the days following your accident, getting medical attention can rule out or address any internal injuries, as well as create a medical record linking your injuries to the crash.
But once you’ve received the medical treatment you need, you may be wondering what to do next—especially if the accident was caused by another driver’s negligence. At Berg Injury Lawyers, we believe you should be compensated for what you’ve gone through, and we want to help. Read on to find out what happens when you file an auto accident injury claim in California.
What Happens If We Take Your Case
When you call Berg Injury Lawyers after an accident, we’ll ask questions to learn more about your claim.
If we determine that you have a case, we can collect and analyze evidence such as witness testimonies, crash scene debris, and police reports to support your claim and determine who can be held liable.
We can also assess your injury-related expenses, including your current and future medical bills, current and future lost wages, and pain and suffering, to determine a fair settlement amount. Then, we’ll negotiate with the responsible party’s insurance company on your behalf to help you get the compensation you deserve. If the insurance company refuses to give you a fair settlement, we won’t hesitate to take your case to court.
After a Car Accident, Get Berg!
If you or your loved one suffered injuries in a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence, contact the California car crash attorneys at Berg Injury Lawyers today. We have more than 35 years of experience fighting for injury victims in the Bay Area and throughout California, and we know what it takes to build strong claims. Let us get to work for you and your family today. You can contact us 24/7, and with our No Fee Guarantee®, if you don’t win, you pay nothing.
June 10th, 2019|
All injuries have the potential to have devastating consequences for victims. However, traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are associated with unique challenges and complications. That’s because the detrimental and disabling effects caused by TBIs are often permanent, making it more difficult for victims to work, enjoy the things they once loved, and even live independently.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California brain injury attorneys fight for the rights of people who suffered TBIs through no fault of their own. Over the years, we’ve helped many families who were dealing with the aftermaths of TBIs, and we’ve seen how disruptive and expensive they can be. That’s why it’s our goal to help victims and their loved ones get maximum compensation for things like:
- Medical bills—TBIs are associated with extensive medical care and treatments. Victims often require surgeries and physical rehabilitation, and some may even need around-the-clock medical attention or supervision.
- Lost wages—TBIs can affect victims’ abilities to work in two ways. First, they can lead to cognitive deficits that make it difficult to handle mental workloads. Second, they can interfere with fine motor skills, making it difficult for victims to perform routine tasks at their jobs.
- Pain and suffering—TBIs can dramatically affect victims’ enjoyment of their lives. They may be in constant pain, and they may be unable to participate in their favorite hobbies. They also may be limited in their abilities to spend time with their loved ones.
If you or someone you love suffered a TBI, we want to help you get the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation.
June 6th, 2019|
Many people know a colleague, neighbor, or friend of a friend who was seriously injured through no fault of their own, but no one expects it to happen to them. However, more than three million Americans were injured in traffic accidents alone in 2016, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Even if you take all the right safety precautions, you can’t prevent another person’s negligence. That’s why it’s important to have a plan ready if the worst should occur.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries caused by another person or party’s negligence, you deserve compensation, but you may not be sure where to start. At Berg Injury Lawyers, we know you’ve already been through enough, and the last thing you need after an injury is more stress. We’re here to handle all the red tape involved in filing a claim so that you can focus on your health. If you’ve never hired a lawyer before, the idea may be intimidating. We want to ease your mind.
Over the course of the next few weeks, this blog series will guide you through some of the most common types of personal injury lawsuits, so you’ll know what to expect should the worst occur. If you ever have questions about your own situation and whether you qualify for compensation, call Berg Injury Lawyers anytime, 24/7. Your initial consultation is always free, and we want to help.
First up: What to expect when you file an auto accident claim.
June 3rd, 2019|
Like prescription drugs, medical devices are supposed to go through multiple rounds of testing and approval before their manufacturers are allowed to sell them to hospitals, healthcare clinics, and patients. But because the research and development costs of medical devices are so high, product manufacturers are often desperate to get their devices approved for sale—and that means they may skip testing procedures or hide known complications.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California defective product attorneys know the damage that dangerous medical devices can cause to innocent victims. Everything from joint replacements and birth control implants, to surgical mesh and pacemakers can put patients’ health and even their lives at risk.
People who are harmed by defective medical devices often feel helpless, especially when they think about going up against multi-billion-dollar corporations. Our legal team believes that innocent victims should never have to pay for their own injury-related expenses out of their own pocket, and we aren’t afraid to stand up to big companies if it means getting victims the compensation they deserve.
You trusted that the manufacturer of your medical device went through all of the proper steps to ensure safety and effectiveness, and if they failed to do so, they should be held responsible for their negligence. Contact us today to get an experienced and dedicated legal team on your side. We’re here to help.
May 29th, 2019|
In March 2019, a California federal jury ruled that exposure to Roundup® weed killer caused a Sonoma County man’s diagnosis of non-Hodgkin lymphoma. This is the first of three bellwether trials that could set the standard for future Roundup cancer cases and open the door for other victims to get compensation. In San Francisco alone, there are already more than 750 Roundup cases underway.
This is the second ruling in the U.S. within the last year linking glyphosate, Roundup’s active ingredient, to non-Hodgkin lymphoma. In August 2018, a former school groundskeeper was awarded $289 million—later reduced to $78.5 million—in a lawsuit against Roundup’s manufacturer, Monsanto Company.
How Are People Exposed to Roundup®?
Exposure to glyphosate can happen in the following ways:
- Breathing in airborne particles after spraying the product
- Absorbing the product through the skin after touching treated plants and weeds
- Drinking contaminated water that was exposed to the product
- Eating food grown in contaminated soil
If you or someone you love developed non-Hodgkin lymphoma or another type of cancer after exposure to Roundup or a similar product, the California Roundup cancer attorneys want to speak with you. We don’t think you should have to pay for an illness caused by someone else’s negligence, and we’re ready to help you get the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
May 27th, 2019|
If you’re like millions of Americans, you and your loved ones can’t risk losing even a single paycheck. That means that if you get injured or develop a serious illness that prevents you from working, you may be facing financial uncertainty.
The Social Security Administration (SSA) provides benefits for people whose health problems keep them out of work for long periods of time, but getting those benefits is often difficult. That’s because the SSA has strict criteria for determining who gets benefits. At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California Social Security Disability lawyers know how the process works, and we help people like you maximize their chances of approval in the following three ways:
- We collect evidence that proves you can’t work—The SSA is often skeptical of claims when applicants say they’re too sick or hurt to work. We can collect accident reports and medical records that prove your claim.
- We make sure your application is complete, accurate, and submitted on time—The SSA wants applications to be free from errors and oversights. Even small mistakes can jeopardize claims, but we make sure yours is airtight.
- We use our knowledge of the SSA’s processes to improve your chances—We know the ins and outs of the SSA’s review and approval processes. That means we can put our knowledge and resources to work for your family to give you the best chances of approval.
Get the experienced legal representation you deserve for your SSD claim. Call us today for a free consultation.
May 22nd, 2019|
Memorial Day weekend marks the unofficial beginning of summer, and millions of people are expected to hit the roads for weekend getaways and celebrations. In 2018, 36.6 million people traveled by car on Memorial Day weekend.
Because there are more vehicles on the roads during holiday weekends, the risk of being involved in a car accident increases. In fact, Memorial Day weekend is known for being one of the deadliest holiday weekends of the year.
Celebrate safely this year and reduce your risks by following these safe driving tips for Memorial Day weekend.
Have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend!
Sources: ValuePenguin, NHTSA, AAA NewsRoom
May 20th, 2019|
When your loved one moves into a nursing home, you expect them to get compassionate and personalized care and attention. But because some nursing home owners and administrators value profits over resident safety and well-being, residents may be subject to poor quality care that can even become abusive and neglectful.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California nursing home abuse attorneys have no tolerance for nursing homes and nursing home staff members who allow abuse and neglect to occur to innocent residents. It’s our goal to help residents and their families get maximum compensation when that happens, but we also know that it can sometimes be difficult for family members to determine if their loved ones are being mistreated in nursing home facilities.
If you notice any of these common signs of abuse or neglect in your loved one, contact us immediately:
- Unexplained cuts and bruises—Abuse can often be physical, and staff members may hit or strike residents, leaving them with signs of trauma on their bodies.
- Sudden fear and withdrawal—Abuse can also be emotional. Residents who are emotionally abused via threats and humiliation may become depressed, anxious, fearful, and withdrawn.
- Weight loss and worsening of health—When residents are neglected, they may not get proper nutrition, and their access to medications and doctor appointments may be restricted or denied.
Don’t wait another minute if you suspect your loved one is being harmed in a nursing home facility. Call today for a free consultation to find out how we may be able to help you.
May 15th, 2019|
Motorcyclists are some of the most vulnerable travelers on the road. Because motorcycles lack safety features, motorcyclists face more inherent risks than drivers and passengers in other vehicles, and their helmets and riding gear can only protect them so much during crashes.
Next time you’re on California’s roadways, be alert and aware of any motorcyclists riding near you, and keep these three tips in mind to reduce your risk of being involved in an accident:
- Give motorcycles plenty of space. Don’t follow motorcycles too closely. In the event of an emergency, both you and the motorcyclist in front of you will need plenty of space to stop.
- Check your blind spots before merging or changing lanes. Motorcycles are smaller than other vehicles, and they can sometimes be hard to see. Look twice before moving over.
- Use traffic signals when merging. Give motorcyclists fair warning when you plan on changing lanes to avoid a collision.
Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Serving the Bay Area
If you or someone you love was harmed in a motorcycle accident, the California motorcycle accident attorneys at Berg Injury Lawyers are here for you. We have more than 35 years of experience helping injury victims throughout California, and we have the knowledge and experience to build a strong claim on your behalf. Contact us today to get started with a free case review.
May 13th, 2019|
There are many types of accidents and injuries that can change your life forever. Whether you were hurt in a car accident, boat accident, motorcycle accident, or any other type of accident, it’s important to have legal representation on your side.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California personal injury attorneys know what you’re going through and the challenges you’re facing. You’re in pain and medical bills are piling up, but because your injuries put you out of work, you may be unable to afford them.
That’s where we come in. When you choose us to handle your case, you can count on us to handle the following aspects of your injury claim:
- We’ll determine who was at fault—Insurance companies often assume that victims are responsible for their own injuries. We can collect evidence that proves someone else’s negligence resulted in the accident.
- We’ll handle all communication with the adjuster—Insurance companies count on victims making mistakes after their accidents—especially when they’ve suffered serious injuries. But when we take on your claim, they’ll have to go through us instead.
- We’ll negotiate to get you the money you deserve—Even if the insurance company concedes that someone else caused your accident, it may offer you a lowball settlement. We’ll determine how much money you deserve, and we’ll fight to help you get it.
You have enough to worry about after your accident. Let us put our experience and track record of success to work for you and your loved ones. Call Berg Injury Lawyers today.