February 19th, 2018|
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California veterans disability benefits attorneys help many people who served their country get the benefits they’re entitled to. We have years of experience fighting for the rights of injured veterans, and we know that the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has strict guidelines for issuing and awarding benefits. Even small, minor mistakes can put applications in jeopardy.
When people are denied the benefits they earned during their military service, they may feel like giving up. But it’s important for all veterans to remember that they’re still entitled to benefits, and we’re here to help guide them through the application process.
You can increase your chances of being approved by avoiding some common mistakes that veterans make when they apply for benefits. Those include:
- Downplaying symptoms – Many military veterans are reluctant to list all of the ways that their service-related injuries and illnesses affect them. But being honest and comprehensive when it comes to describing symptoms is essential, as downplaying symptoms can make the VA assume that you’re in better health than you actually are.
- Waiting too long to get help – It’s important to begin working on your application as soon as your injuries or illnesses begin affecting you. Evidence can quickly disappear, and it may be more difficult to link your illness or injury to your service. An attorney is ready to help you obtain evidence that confirms the origin of your health problems.
Pursuing veterans disability claims can be frustrating and intimidating, but having a legal advocate on your side can make all the difference. Call today for a free consultation.
February 12th, 2018|
Whether due to accidents, diseases, or age-related conditions, some people’s joints are prone to wearing out and failing over time. When joints no longer work properly, the symptoms can be debilitating and disabling. Victims often experience severe pain and may even lose mobility.
Thankfully, people whose joints have worn out can get artificial replacement joints, which are surgically inserted into their bodies and designed to provide the same range of motion as real joints. However, there’s always a significant chance of complications when foreign objects are implanted inside people’s bodies—and the risks increase when those foreign objects are poorly designed, use inferior materials, or are prone to failure.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California defective product lawyers know that joint replacements—especially for hip and knee patients—can bring immense relief, but they’re also capable of causing serious pain and lost mobility.
If you or someone you love were hurt by a joint replacement, you may be eligible for compensation for:
- Medical bills – When joint replacements fail, patients must undergo extensive medical treatment such as revision surgeries and physical rehabilitation—all of which can be extremely expensive.
- Lost wages – Many patients have joint replacement surgery with the belief that they’ll be able to return to work soon. But when hip or knee replacements fail, they may be left in even more pain and with less mobility than before, putting them out of work indefinitely.
Don’t wait to get the experienced legal help you deserve. Get in touch with us today—call now for a free consultation.
February 5th, 2018|
At Berg Injury Lawyers, we work to protect our clients from insurance companies every single day. It’s no secret in America that insurance companies are billion-dollar corporations. They occupy giant skyscrapers and spend a significant amount of money on advertising. What many people don’t know, however, is that insurance companies don’t always pay victims the money they deserve—even after auto accidents.
One of the first things our California car accident lawyers do when we take on new clients’ cases is warn them about common insurance company tactics that are used to reduce or even nullify the amount of money they owe to victims. Those tactics include:
- Getting victims to admit fault for crashes – Insurance adjusters are often in frequent contact with victims, and it’s not necessarily because they’re concerned about their well-being. It’s because they want to obtain a statement where victims indicate they may have partially or fully caused their accidents, but that can jeopardize a victim’s claim.
- Getting victims to accept lowball settlements – Adjusters also take advantage of victims when they’re in a state of shock after their accidents, especially when victims begin to realize how much their accidents will cost them. Initial settlement offers may seem appealing at first, but they’re rarely enough to cover all accident-related expenses.
Having an attorney on your side after an auto accident can help you spot the insurance company’s tactics. It’s our goal to get you the money you deserve. Call today for a free consultation, and get our experience on your side.
January 29th, 2018|
Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits are a government funded program for workers who get hurt or develop illnesses that prevent them from returning to their jobs for long periods of time.
And while SSD benefits can be life-changing for approved workers and their families, countless people see their claims denied every year. The Social Security Administration (SSA) has strict criteria and guidelines for applicants, and many people who otherwise meet those requirements slip through the cracks due to errors, incomplete information, or missed deadlines on their applications and their appeals.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California Social Security Disability lawyers know how the process works. We have years of experience helping clients maximize their chances of success, whether they’re applying for benefits for the first time or appealing the SSA’s decision.
When you choose us to help with your social security disability claim, it’s our goal to:
- Make sure your application or appeal is complete, accurate, and submitted on time – It can be difficult to keep track of all the SSA’s requirements when you’re trying to get better. Let us handle the fine print and small details while you spend time with your family.
- Guide you through the appeals process – If your application is denied and you may deserve benefits, an experienced SSD attorney can help file a strong appeal on your behalf and guide you every step of the way.
Don’t leave your family’s future up to chance. Call us today for a free consultation, and let us put our experience to work for you.
January 22nd, 2018|
At Berg Injury Lawyers, we know that truck accidents can be distressing and traumatic. Victims often suffer debilitating injuries that require immediate medical attention, and their main concern after an accident is getting the medical care they need.
Our California truck accident attorneys have helped many victims who were able to be proactive after their accidents and take steps to protect their rights, but we’ve also helped countless other victims who were too hurt, traumatized, or disabled to take all of the recommended steps after a serious crash.
We know that not at all victims are able to follow detailed checklists after accidents, and we’re here to help. However, we know that victims who make the following three phone calls after a truck accident can maximize their chances of getting compensation:
- 911 – Calling 911 should be your first move after any type of accident that involves property damage or injuries. In addition to being required by California law, it also creates a police record of the crash and dispatches emergency medical personnel to the scene.
- Your insurance company – You have a short timeframe—often around 48 hours—to report the accident to your insurer. Call them as soon as you’re able to do so, but consider speaking with a lawyer before volunteering information or admitting fault for the accident.
- A truck accident law firm – Proving fault in truck accident cases can be complex, as multiple parties may be involved. But an experienced legal team knows how to collect evidence and determine who was at fault for the accident.
Don’t delay after your truck accident. Get the experienced help you deserve. Call today for a free consultation, and let us put our track record of success to work for you and your loved ones.
January 15th, 2018|
Defensive driving is one of the best ways to stay safe and avoid accidents in cars, trucks, and SUVs, but it also applies to motorcycles. In fact, being attentive, cautious, and prepared for accidents is especially important for motorcyclists, as they face huge risks every time they ride near other vehicles.
Drivers don’t always look out for motorcyclists, which means many wrecks occur at high speeds. In addition, motorcyclists lack the built-in safety features that other motorists and their passengers enjoy, including airbags and seat belts. Although wearing motorcycle safety gear can help reduce the risk of serious injuries, it can’t eliminate it entirely.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California motorcycle accident lawyers know that motorcycle safety is more than wearing the right gear. You can reduce your risks of being involved in a motorcycle accident by following these tips:
- Maximizing visibility – Not being seen by other drivers is one of the biggest causes of motorcycle accidents. You can make yourself more easily visible by turning on your headlights, wearing brightly colored clothing and safety gear, and staying out of other vehicles’ blind spots.
- Slowing down at intersections – A huge number of motorcycle accidents occur at intersections and junctions. Drivers are used to watching for other cars, trucks, and SUVs, but they don’t always look for motorcycles. Reduce your speed and watch the movements of other vehicles any time you enter an intersection.
If you were hurt in a motorcycle crash that wasn’t your fault, don’t hesitate to get the legal representation you deserve. We know how to build successful claims, and we’re ready to get to work for you. Call today for a free consultation.
January 8th, 2018|
At Berg Injury Lawyers, we’ve helped many car accident victims over the years, and we’ve learned that a wide variety of factors can lead to crashes. But when it comes to primary causes of accidents, only several seem to be prevalent in most of the claims we handle—and three are present in far more crashes than others.
To protect yourself, your loved ones, and other drivers, it’s important to be aware of these three common causes of car crashes and why they increase your risks:
- Speeding – Exceeding the speed limit disrupts the flow of traffic, makes you more likely to lose control of your vehicle—especially on sharp turns or dips—and increases your stopping distance, making you more likely to rear-end other vehicles.
- Driving while impaired – Getting behind the wheel while under the influence of drugs, alcohol, and even some prescription medications can be extremely dangerous. Those substances can impair your vision, judgement, and fine motor skills. They may even affect your ability to stay awake.
- Driving while distracted – Distraction has always been a concern for drivers, but the usage of smartphones has made it an epidemic in California and throughout the world. Taking your eyes and mind off the road can be deadly, even if it’s just for a split second.
Our California auto accident attorneys know how to build strong claims for people who were hurt in crashes, and we’re ready to put our experience to work for you, too. Call today for a free consultation.
January 1st, 2018|
Medical devices are designed to help patients get relief from debilitating pain and complications associated with illnesses and chronic health problems.
But like all consumer products, some medical devices on the market have the potential to fail. Some even make it to the marketplace without proper testing or inspection. When failure-prone or poorly designed medical devices are implanted into peoples’ bodies or used to help them with health issues, serious side effects and complications can occur—some of which can be life-threatening.
As a patient, you trust your doctor to always have your best interests in mind. However, doctors aren’t always up to date on information concerning medical devices, as recalls and warnings may be issued without significant publicity. At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California defective product lawyers know that being informed and knowledgeable about your medical treatment can be your best defense against a medical device injury. Before getting a medical device, ask your doctor the following questions:
- What are the device’s side effects, warnings, and current status? Medical devices can provide life-changing relief, but all patients should weigh potential side effects and warnings before using them. In addition, patients should be aware that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration maintains a database of recalled medical devices, which gets updated multiple times weekly.
- Is the device necessary? Some medical devices, especially implants, may provide permanent solutions to many health problems. But their permanence can lead to serious complications. Asking your doctor whether the device is necessary and if your health problems can be solved via alternative treatments can help you avoid potentially dangerous complications.
If you or someone you love was hurt by a medical device, you deserve legal representation from a law firm that knows how to get results. Our defective product attorneys are ready to build a claim on your behalf. Call us today for a free consultation.
December 25th, 2017|
Serving in the military is supposed to provide you access to many important benefits, including compensation if you’re injured or develop a serious illness. But getting veterans disability benefits is a complicated process with many steps, and many claims are denied every year.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California veterans disability benefits lawyers know how devastating it is for veterans and their families when their applications are rejected—especially after they’ve sacrificed so much for their country. We believe that veterans should never be turned down from the benefits they deserve, and that’s why we do everything we can to help them get the money they need.
When we handle veterans disability benefits claims, our legal team works to:
- Prove that the illness or injury is service-related – One of the biggest roadblocks applicants face is proving that their disability happened due to military service. We’ll collect and present evidence that leaves no doubt about the origin of the injury or illness.
- Submit an error-free, complete, and on-time application – Countless benefits applications are denied due to mistakes, incomplete information, or late submissions and responses. Our legal team knows the ins and outs of the process, and we’ll make sure the application is completed and submitted on time.
Don’t leave your family’s future up to chance. Many valid applications get rejected every year, leaving veterans and their families waiting on the money they need to keep up with their expenses. We want to help maximize your chances of getting approved. Call today for a free consultation.
December 18th, 2017|
At Berg Injury Lawyers, we handle a variety of accident and injury claims. And while many cases we take involve victims and their families dealing with difficult situations, wrongful death claims are some of the most painful and traumatic scenarios we see.
Losing a loved one is devastating. Not only is it emotionally painful, but it can also put your entire family in a financial bind, especially if your loved one was the primary income earner for your household. It can be even more difficult to cope with an unexpected loss when a loved one’s death was due to another person’s or party’s negligence.
Our California wrongful death lawyers are dedicated to helping surviving family members get the compensation they deserve after someone else’s carelessness led to fatal complications, accidents, or injuries to someone they love.
If we handle your wrongful death claim, you can count on us to:
- Determine who can be held responsible. Whether it was due to a medical mistake, an accident, or general misconduct, we’ll gather evidence that proves the other party’s liability.
- Calculate the damages. Medical bills, lost income, and funeral expenses are financial issues that many families face after they lose their loved ones. We’ll make sure the insurance company knows how the wrongful death has and will continue to affect you.
- Negotiate a fair settlement. We’ll review any and all settlement offers with you. It’s our goal to help you get maximum compensation.
If your loved one’s death was caused by someone else’s negligence, don’t wait to get our experienced legal team on your side. Contact us today for a free consultation. We’re here to help.