August 13th, 2018|
All auto accidents have the potential to cause disabling and even life-threatening injuries, but truck accidents are often in a league of their own. That’s because fully-loaded big trucks can weigh 10 times the amount that even the biggest SUVs and pickup trucks weigh. The weight and sheer size difference mean that collisions between tractor-trailers and ordinary passenger vehicles frequently result in serious injuries and even fatalities.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California truck accident lawyers have spent many years fighting for the rights of people who were hurt in truck crashes that weren’t their fault. Although the trucking industry is tightly regulated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, the drivers, companies, and owners in the industry want to maximize their profits. That means regulations are sometimes violated at the expense of safety.
When people are hurt in truck accidents, they face long roads to recovery and many expenses that they might not be able to afford. It’s our legal team’s job to help victims get the money they deserve for things like:
- Medical bills—Truck accident victims often require immediate medical attention. Some need surgery just to survive, while others may need prolonged physical rehabilitation to regain coordination and fine motor skills.
- Lost wages—The injuries associated with truck accidents are often disabling, and that means victims may be unable to work for long periods of time. And when they’re not working, they’re not earning the wages they and their loved ones depend on.
If you or someone you love were hurt in a truck accident, we want to help. Call today for a free consultation.
August 6th, 2018|
Medical devices are designed to help people by treating their health conditions and improving their mobility and range of motion.
But like all products, they’re subject to quality control issues—and that means some units can be defective and even dangerous.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California defective product lawyers know that thousands of patients undergo procedures to have medical devices implanted or installed in their bodies every year. And while many of those patients experience only minor side effects, others may experience devastating complications that can be life-threatening.
If you or someone you love received a medical device and you believe that it may be defective, it’s important to take the following two steps right away:
- Call your doctor. Getting in touch with your doctor on the phone or in person and explaining your symptoms and any complications you’re experiencing is a vital step. Your doctor can examine you and determine whether your medical device is defective and what steps you might need to take to correct the issue.
- Call a lawyer. If it’s determined that your medical device is defective, you may need revision surgery and other invasive treatments that are expensive and could put you out of work. Getting compensated for what you’ve been through requires evidence and a proactive mindset, and that’s why calling a lawyer right away can be beneficial.
Defective medical device injuries are serious and can even be fatal. Don’t wait to get the legal help you deserve. Call us today for a free consultation.
July 30th, 2018|
When you’re unable to go back to work, you’re supposed to be eligible to get compensation via the Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits program. But the Social Security Administration (SSA) makes it difficult for injured workers to get the money they deserve—and if you’re unfamiliar with the filing process, having a lawyer on your side can be extremely beneficial.
The burden of proof for injured workers is heavy when they’re applying for SSD benefits. And in some cases, proving you were hurt at work and can’t return to your job isn’t enough. Even minor mistakes are known to jeopardize otherwise strong claims, leaving injured workers and their families scrambling to keep their heads above water.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California Social Security Disability lawyers want to maximize your chances of getting the money you deserve by taking the following steps:
- We’ll present evidence that supports your claim. The SSA is skeptical of most claims by default. Saying that you were hurt at work—even if your employer agrees—isn’t enough to get your claim approved. We’ll collect evidence that proves the on-the-job accident occurred and that the injuries you suffered are severe enough to keep you out of work for the foreseeable future.
- We’ll make sure your claim is error-free and submitted on time. The SSA wants benefits claims to be complete, accurate, and submitted on time. But when you’re injured, it can be difficult to comply with those strict requirements. Let us handle the paperwork on your behalf. We know the SSA’s system, and we know what it takes to file a successful claim.
Don’t risk not getting the benefits you earned during your career. Call us today for a free consultation.
July 23rd, 2018|
If you were recently hurt in a car crash, you’re probably under a lot of stress and trying to juggle several different things at once, including getting medical treatment and planning when you can return to work.
But one of the most important things you can do after an accident that wasn’t your fault is contact an experienced California car accident lawyer—and the sooner you do it, the better.
While personal injury claims in California are still valid up to two years after the date of the accidents, you should never wait that long to get a law firm on your side. In fact, you should consider calling a lawyer within days—if not hours—of the crash to maximize your chances of getting compensation.
- Evidence can quickly disappear. To get the money you deserve, you or your lawyer must prove to the insurance company that you weren’t at fault for the crash. Evidence, including crash scene debris, traffic camera footage, or witness statements, can help support your case. But the longer you wait to call a lawyer, the more difficult it will be to obtain that evidence.
- The insurance company will have more time to build a case against you. Insurance companies don’t want to pay out big settlements, even to innocent victims. That’s why they have teams of adjusters who work hard to reduce or deny claims. The longer you wait to get a lawyer, the more of a head start you give the insurance company.
Berg Injury Lawyers is ready to take your call to find out how we may be able to fight for your rights. Get in touch with us today for a free consultation.
July 16th, 2018|
When people are involved in car, truck, and SUV accidents, they’re susceptible to suffering serious injuries, but they also have the benefit of protective safety features. Seat belts and airbags—not to mention the frames of their vehicles—help keep them safe and reduce the severity of their injuries.
Motorcycles, on the other hand, have no protective features whatsoever. It’s up to riders to protect themselves by wearing full safety gear. But even the most well-equipped riders are still vulnerable to suffering disabling and even life-threatening injuries when they’re involved in crashes with other vehicles.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California motorcycle accident attorneys have helped many riders who were injured through no fault of their own get compensation for their accident-related expenses, which often include:
- Medical bills—Motorcyclists often suffer different injuries than drivers and passengers in four-wheeled vehicles. Their injuries often include head trauma/traumatic brain injuries, broken bones, and road rash. Those injuries frequently require extensive rehabilitation and even surgery to treat, and victims may need to be hospitalized for long periods of time.
- Lost wages—Because of the severity of motorcycle accident-related injuries, many victims are unable to return to work for weeks, months, or even years. Being out of work can be financially devastating for victims and their families, especially when medical bills start piling up.
If you or someone you love was hurt in a motorcycle accident, it’s important to get in touch with an experienced legal team right away. The longer you wait to file a compensation claim, the more difficult it may be to get the money you deserve.
Call us today for a free consultation.
July 9th, 2018|
Brain injuries are unique. They’re the only type of injuries that can permanently change victims’ cognitive abilities and personalities. Even minor brain injuries can cause enough damage to result in profound effects on victims’ abilities to work and live independently.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, we know that many traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are caused by accidents—and those accidents are often due to other people’s or parties’ negligence. When victims and their families come to us for help after they’ve suffered from TBIs, it’s our goal to do two things for them:
- Investigate the cause of the TBI—To file an injury claim, we must prove that the injury occurred due to another party’s negligence or carelessness. That involves collecting and presenting compelling evidence to the insurance company.
- Calculate how much the TBI will cost over a lifetime—When victims suffer serious damage to brain cells and neurons, they may never recover what was lost—and that can mean permanent disability. We’ll find out how much the TBI will cost you and your loved ones, and we’ll make sure the insurance company knows how much it owes you.
We’re personal injury lawyers, and we know that all injuries have the potential to be devastating and life-changing. But brain injuries can be particularly devastating, especially when they change the core being of who people are.
July 2nd, 2018|
As a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces, you’re entitled to many benefits because of your years of service for your country. Among these benefits is a form of income replacement if you get hurt in the line of duty and are unable to work and earn a living for yourself and your loved ones.
Unfortunately, veterans disability benefits can be difficult to acquire. Countless applications are denied every year, and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has strict criteria for determining when claims are valid and eligible for approval.
In many cases, applications are jeopardized because applicants make mistakes. Two of the most common mistakes that can harm claims include:
- Lying about any aspect of an illness or injury—If the VA suspects that applicants aren’t being completely truthful about their service-related conditions, it will deny their claims. That’s why it’s important to never exaggerate or downplay any aspect of an illness or injury.
- Putting off the application process—The VA views claims that aren’t filed soon after injuries and illnesses occur with suspicion. When applicants wait too long, the VA may believe that their health conditions aren’t related to their service.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our team of California veterans disability benefits attorneys believes that no veteran should be denied the benefits he or she has earned.
If you or someone you love is struggling with the VA and the benefits application or appeals process, we’re here to help. Call today for a free consultation.
June 25th, 2018|
Type 2 diabetes can be a debilitating health condition that can cause a wide variety of complications, including stroke, kidney disease, and high blood pressure.
There are many drugs designed to help people with Type 2 diabetes manage their blood sugar levels, but several are linked to serious health problems of their own.
Those drugs include:
Some of the dangerous conditions linked to those drugs include an increased risk of developing pancreatic cancer, heart failure, and ketoacidosis—a condition that causes high levels of acid to buildup in the body.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, we know that Type 2 diabetes medications can be lifechanging and even life-saving for many patients, but we also know that there have been many reports and studies linking them to severe health complications.
It’s important to never stop taking a medication without first speaking to your doctor, but if you suspect that you’ve been injured by a drug, including any of the Type 2 diabetes medications listed above, getting in touch with a California drug injury lawyer can help you protect your rights to compensation.
Contact us today for a free consultation, and let us put our years of experience to work for you.
June 18th, 2018|
When residents of nursing homes are abused or neglected, their rights, their dignity, and their trust are violated. In addition, they may face serious physical and mental complications, including abuse-related injuries, worsening of health conditions, and psychological problems like depression and anxiety.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California nursing home abuse attorneys have seen the devastation that occurs when nursing home providers, healthcare professionals, and staff members are negligent or intentionally abusive. It’s our goal to not only bring the issue to light, but to also help victims and their families get maximum compensation for what they’ve experienced.
The types of compensation that nursing home victims and their families often receive at the conclusion of their claims include:
- Medical expenses—Many nursing home residents have health conditions that require medication, rehabilitation, or frequent monitoring and intervention to treat and stabilize. When residents are abused or neglected, their conditions may rapidly worsen, and they may require more intensive care, which can be expensive. We fight to help residents and their families get money to cover additional medical bills related to improper care.
- Pain and suffering—It’s hard to put a price tag on the suffering that’s caused when nursing home employees abuse or neglect patients, but it’s also an act that needs to be considered and compensated when claims are filed. If your loved one experienced pain, anguish, and reduced quality of life, we’ll make sure their experience is considered if we file a claim on their behalf.
Nursing homes are often well protected from legal action, and it takes an experienced and dedicated legal team to tip the scales in the favor of victims and their families. Call today for a free consultation to find out how we may be able to help.
June 11th, 2018|
With the number of governmental agencies regulating products and safety standards that product manufacturers must follow before releasing goods to the general public, most people assume that the items they buy are safe to use.
While that’s true for most products, a large number of potentially dangerous products slip through the cracks each year and pose serious risks to the people who buy them and anyone who uses them.
In addition to several medical devices, including joint replacements, birth control implants, and heart-related devices, ordinary consumer products can also be dangerous. A few examples include e-cigarettes and their potential to cause explosions and burns and weed killers and their potential to cause illnesses and even cancer.
If you or someone you love get hurt by a defective product, you can help protect your rights by taking the following steps:
- Get medical attention. Many defective product injuries can cause serious complications, while others can be potentially life-threatening. Getting evaluated by a healthcare professional can help stabilize your health, rule out dangerous complications, and get you on the path to recovery. It will also create valuable evidence for your claim that links your health problems to your use of the product in question.
- Get a California defective product lawyer. Without a lawyer on your side, you may be on your own when it comes to paying for expensive medical bills and incurring significant income losses that often occur after defective product injuries. It’s our goal to help you get the compensation you deserve for what you’ve been through.
Get in touch with Berg Injury Lawyers today. Just fill out a free consultation form to find out how we may be able to help.