June 12th, 2019|
After a car accident, the most important thing you can do to protect your health and your rights to compensation is get medical attention. Even if you have no visible injuries or immediate pain, it’s important to get evaluated by a medical professional. Whether you see a first responder at the scene or visit your doctor in the days following your accident, getting medical attention can rule out or address any internal injuries, as well as create a medical record linking your injuries to the crash.
But once you’ve received the medical treatment you need, you may be wondering what to do next—especially if the accident was caused by another driver’s negligence. At Berg Injury Lawyers, we believe you should be compensated for what you’ve gone through, and we want to help. Read on to find out what happens when you file an auto accident injury claim in California.
What Happens If We Take Your Case
When you call Berg Injury Lawyers after an accident, we’ll ask questions to learn more about your claim.
If we determine that you have a case, we can collect and analyze evidence such as witness testimonies, crash scene debris, and police reports to support your claim and determine who can be held liable.
We can also assess your injury-related expenses, including your current and future medical bills, current and future lost wages, and pain and suffering, to determine a fair settlement amount. Then, we’ll negotiate with the responsible party’s insurance company on your behalf to help you get the compensation you deserve. If the insurance company refuses to give you a fair settlement, we won’t hesitate to take your case to court.
After a Car Accident, Get Berg!
If you or your loved one suffered injuries in a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence, contact the California car crash attorneys at Berg Injury Lawyers today. We have more than 35 years of experience fighting for injury victims in the Bay Area and throughout California, and we know what it takes to build strong claims. Let us get to work for you and your family today. You can contact us 24/7, and with our No Fee Guarantee®, if you don’t win, you pay nothing.
June 6th, 2019|
Many people know a colleague, neighbor, or friend of a friend who was seriously injured through no fault of their own, but no one expects it to happen to them. However, more than three million Americans were injured in traffic accidents alone in 2016, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Even if you take all the right safety precautions, you can’t prevent another person’s negligence. That’s why it’s important to have a plan ready if the worst should occur.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries caused by another person or party’s negligence, you deserve compensation, but you may not be sure where to start. At Berg Injury Lawyers, we know you’ve already been through enough, and the last thing you need after an injury is more stress. We’re here to handle all the red tape involved in filing a claim so that you can focus on your health. If you’ve never hired a lawyer before, the idea may be intimidating. We want to ease your mind.
Over the course of the next few weeks, this blog series will guide you through some of the most common types of personal injury lawsuits, so you’ll know what to expect should the worst occur. If you ever have questions about your own situation and whether you qualify for compensation, call Berg Injury Lawyers anytime, 24/7. Your initial consultation is always free, and we want to help.
First up: What to expect when you file an auto accident claim.
June 3rd, 2019|
Like prescription drugs, medical devices are supposed to go through multiple rounds of testing and approval before their manufacturers are allowed to sell them to hospitals, healthcare clinics, and patients. But because the research and development costs of medical devices are so high, product manufacturers are often desperate to get their devices approved for sale—and that means they may skip testing procedures or hide known complications.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California defective product attorneys know the damage that dangerous medical devices can cause to innocent victims. Everything from joint replacements and birth control implants, to surgical mesh and pacemakers can put patients’ health and even their lives at risk.
People who are harmed by defective medical devices often feel helpless, especially when they think about going up against multi-billion-dollar corporations. Our legal team believes that innocent victims should never have to pay for their own injury-related expenses out of their own pocket, and we aren’t afraid to stand up to big companies if it means getting victims the compensation they deserve.
You trusted that the manufacturer of your medical device went through all of the proper steps to ensure safety and effectiveness, and if they failed to do so, they should be held responsible for their negligence. Contact us today to get an experienced and dedicated legal team on your side. We’re here to help.
May 13th, 2019|
There are many types of accidents and injuries that can change your life forever. Whether you were hurt in a car accident, boat accident, motorcycle accident, or any other type of accident, it’s important to have legal representation on your side.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California personal injury attorneys know what you’re going through and the challenges you’re facing. You’re in pain and medical bills are piling up, but because your injuries put you out of work, you may be unable to afford them.
That’s where we come in. When you choose us to handle your case, you can count on us to handle the following aspects of your injury claim:
- We’ll determine who was at fault—Insurance companies often assume that victims are responsible for their own injuries. We can collect evidence that proves someone else’s negligence resulted in the accident.
- We’ll handle all communication with the adjuster—Insurance companies count on victims making mistakes after their accidents—especially when they’ve suffered serious injuries. But when we take on your claim, they’ll have to go through us instead.
- We’ll negotiate to get you the money you deserve—Even if the insurance company concedes that someone else caused your accident, it may offer you a lowball settlement. We’ll determine how much money you deserve, and we’ll fight to help you get it.
You have enough to worry about after your accident. Let us put our experience and track record of success to work for you and your loved ones. Call Berg Injury Lawyers today.
May 6th, 2019|
We’re only a few weeks away from Memorial Day weekend, which marks the unofficial start of summer. And with plenty of warm weather and sunshine on the way, boating season will be in full swing.
If you’re planning on taking your boat out on the water in the coming weeks and months, it’s important to stay cautious to protect yourself, your passengers, and other people enjoying California’s oceans, rivers, and lakes.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind before your first summer boat outing:
- Make sure your boat is equipped with required safety gear—You should have one life jacket per passenger for every trip. You should also have multiple flotation devices that can be thrown into the water to retrieve passengers who fall overboard.
- Don’t drink and boat—Many people who would never get behind the wheels of their vehicles after drinking will combine alcohol with boating. Driving a boat while impaired is just as dangerous as driving a car, truck, or SUV. If you’re going to consume alcohol, stay on land or appoint a designated driver for your boat.
- Turn on your lights—The Bay Area is notorious for fog, and it can roll in and out at a moment’s notice. Visibility is key for boating safety, and that means making sure your lights are on when you’re out on the water.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, we’re here to help anyone who gets injured this summer in a boating accident that wasn’t their fault. Call our California boat accident attorneys today for a free consultation.
March 12th, 2019|
St. Patrick’s Day is one of the busiest times of year for bars, pubs, and restaurants in California. If you’re planning on celebrating the day with friends and family, it’s important to be safety-conscious and aware of the potential dangers that you might face whether you’re out and about or heading home.
To reduce your risks this year, do your best to follow these tips:
- Appoint a designated driver—Having a sober driver with you can make your evening safer and more relaxed. If you don’t have a designated driver, use a ridesharing app or call a taxi to get home instead. Never get behind the wheel of your vehicle when you’re intoxicated.
- Enter and exit vehicles near the sidewalk—Whether you’re being dropped off by your designated driver, a rideshare vehicle, or a taxi, use caution when exiting the vehicle. Getting out on the side closest to the sidewalk or curb is the best way to stay safe when exiting a vehicle near a bar or restaurant.
- Be careful while walking near traffic—If you decide to pub crawl, be cautious while walking from venue to venue. Stick to sidewalks when they’re available, and never cross the street outside of crosswalks. In addition, always look both ways before crossing, even when you have a walk signal.
- Eat and stay hydrated—The effects of alcohol are felt more intensely on an empty stomach. In addition, alcohol is dehydrating. Having a meal or snacks with your drinks and ordering water between drinks can help you stay alert and hydrated throughout the evening.
Injured? Berg Injury Lawyers Is Here to Help.
Holidays are supposed to be fun times with friends and family, but the risks of accidents often increase on those days—especially when alcohol is involved.
If you or someone you love was hurt in an accident on St. Patrick’s Day or any other day, our California personal injury lawyers want to speak with you. Contact us today for a free consultation.
February 28th, 2019|
If you recently suffered an injury that wasn’t your fault and you’re seeking compensation, you may be unfamiliar with the legal process as it pertains to personal injury claims. Unfortunately, insurance companies may be aware of your inexperience with the legal process, and they might try to use it against you.
Insurance companies report record profits year after year, but the people who count on them to pay out fair settlements are often left with lowball offers or denied claims. Big insurers get away with it because they’re multi-billion-dollar corporations, and they count on victims like you accepting small settlements or giving up when their claims are denied.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, we’re familiar with the tactics insurance companies sometimes use to reduce or deny claims, including:
- Offering victims lowball settlements—Insurance companies may offer you money before you know the true value of your claim. But when that money doesn’t cover your remaining injury-related expenses, you’re left to pay the rest out of pocket.
- Downplaying the severity of your injuries—Insurance companies may claim that your injuries aren’t as severe as they seem, or even that they’re the result of a pre-existing condition.
- Monitoring your social media activity—Insurance adjusters often look at victims’ social media accounts after their accidents. Any posts or photos related to the accident or injury might be taken out of context and used against victims.
Our California personal injury lawyers know all of the tricks of the trade that insurance companies use to reduce or deny claims. When you choose us to take on your claim, we’ll stay one step ahead of the insurance company at every turn, protecting you and your rights to the money you deserve.
Get a California Personal Injury Lawyer on Your Side
You don’t have to go it alone after an accident or injury, and you don’t have to settle for less than what you deserve. Contact Berg Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation, and let us get to work for you.
February 21st, 2019|
At Berg Injury Lawyers, we believe that everyone should have equal access to the legal system, regardless of how much money they make. We know that many injured victims are hesitant to call a lawyer because they don’t think they can afford one, especially if they’re facing medical bills and lost wages because of their injuries.
That’s why we offer our No Fee Guarantee®.
If you’re dealing with serious injuries and need legal help, you already have enough to worry about. At Berg Injury Lawyers, we don’t think you should have to worry about the cost of an attorney, too. That’s why:
- You don’t pay any money upfront when we take on your claim—It’s our goal to remove as many obstacles as possible that may prevent you from getting a lawyer to stand up for your rights.
- If you don’t win, you pay nothing—Because of the No Fee Guarantee, we only get paid if you get paid. That means there’s absolutely no risk to you. When you call the California accident attorneys at Berg Injury Lawyers, you have everything to gain and nothing to lose.
You’ve Got Enough to Deal with Already. Call Us Today.
You may already be facing expensive medical bills, and you may be out of work for the foreseeable future. The California personal injury attorneys at Berg Injury Lawyers are here to help you. Don’t wait another day to get the help and compensation you deserve for your injuries. Call or contact us online today—we’re ready to fight for your rights.
February 20th, 2019|
August 27th, 2018|
Whether you’ve been hurt in a car accident, injured by a defective product, or harmed by a prescription medication, you’re likely facing expensive medical bills that you may be unable to afford.
Filing a compensation claim can help you recoup some or all of the accident-related expenses you’ve incurred, including medical costs and lost wages. However, insurance companies are often reluctant to pay settlements to victims, especially when victims make mistakes after their accidents.
Two of the most common mistakes that can harm victims’ chances of getting the money they deserve include:
- Not getting immediate medical attention—If you suffer an injury or develop an illness, it’s vital that you see a doctor or visit a hospital right away. Your health should always be your biggest priority. In addition to protecting your well-being, seeing a healthcare professional right away also creates a medical record of your injury or illness, and that can be used as proof that you were harmed by another person’s or party’s negligence.
- Waiting too long to call a lawyer—After you’ve been treated for your injury or illness, get in touch with a law firm as soon as possible. Evidence can quickly disappear and statutes of limitations can expire, making it impossible to file a claim. In addition, insurance companies often view late claims with more skepticism, and that can create additional challenges for victims like you.