February 28th, 2019|
If you recently suffered an injury that wasn’t your fault and you’re seeking compensation, you may be unfamiliar with the legal process as it pertains to personal injury claims. Unfortunately, insurance companies may be aware of your inexperience with the legal process, and they might try to use it against you.
Insurance companies report record profits year after year, but the people who count on them to pay out fair settlements are often left with lowball offers or denied claims. Big insurers get away with it because they’re multi-billion-dollar corporations, and they count on victims like you accepting small settlements or giving up when their claims are denied.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, we’re familiar with the tactics insurance companies sometimes use to reduce or deny claims, including:
- Offering victims lowball settlements—Insurance companies may offer you money before you know the true value of your claim. But when that money doesn’t cover your remaining injury-related expenses, you’re left to pay the rest out of pocket.
- Downplaying the severity of your injuries—Insurance companies may claim that your injuries aren’t as severe as they seem, or even that they’re the result of a pre-existing condition.
- Monitoring your social media activity—Insurance adjusters often look at victims’ social media accounts after their accidents. Any posts or photos related to the accident or injury might be taken out of context and used against victims.
Our California personal injury lawyers know all of the tricks of the trade that insurance companies use to reduce or deny claims. When you choose us to take on your claim, we’ll stay one step ahead of the insurance company at every turn, protecting you and your rights to the money you deserve.
Get a California Personal Injury Lawyer on Your Side
You don’t have to go it alone after an accident or injury, and you don’t have to settle for less than what you deserve. Contact Berg Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation, and let us get to work for you.
February 21st, 2019|
At Berg Injury Lawyers, we believe that everyone should have equal access to the legal system, regardless of how much money they make. We know that many injured victims are hesitant to call a lawyer because they don’t think they can afford one, especially if they’re facing medical bills and lost wages because of their injuries.
That’s why we offer our No Fee Guarantee®.
If you’re dealing with serious injuries and need legal help, you already have enough to worry about. At Berg Injury Lawyers, we don’t think you should have to worry about the cost of an attorney, too. That’s why:
- You don’t pay any money upfront when we take on your claim—It’s our goal to remove as many obstacles as possible that may prevent you from getting a lawyer to stand up for your rights.
- If you don’t win, you pay nothing—Because of the No Fee Guarantee, we only get paid if you get paid. That means there’s absolutely no risk to you. When you call the California accident attorneys at Berg Injury Lawyers, you have everything to gain and nothing to lose.
You’ve Got Enough to Deal with Already. Call Us Today.
You may already be facing expensive medical bills, and you may be out of work for the foreseeable future. The California personal injury attorneys at Berg Injury Lawyers are here to help you. Don’t wait another day to get the help and compensation you deserve for your injuries. Call or contact us online today—we’re ready to fight for your rights.
February 20th, 2019|
August 27th, 2018|
Whether you’ve been hurt in a car accident, injured by a defective product, or harmed by a prescription medication, you’re likely facing expensive medical bills that you may be unable to afford.
Filing a compensation claim can help you recoup some or all of the accident-related expenses you’ve incurred, including medical costs and lost wages. However, insurance companies are often reluctant to pay settlements to victims, especially when victims make mistakes after their accidents.
Two of the most common mistakes that can harm victims’ chances of getting the money they deserve include:
- Not getting immediate medical attention—If you suffer an injury or develop an illness, it’s vital that you see a doctor or visit a hospital right away. Your health should always be your biggest priority. In addition to protecting your well-being, seeing a healthcare professional right away also creates a medical record of your injury or illness, and that can be used as proof that you were harmed by another person’s or party’s negligence.
- Waiting too long to call a lawyer—After you’ve been treated for your injury or illness, get in touch with a law firm as soon as possible. Evidence can quickly disappear and statutes of limitations can expire, making it impossible to file a claim. In addition, insurance companies often view late claims with more skepticism, and that can create additional challenges for victims like you.
August 7th, 2017|
When you get hurt because of another person’s negligence, you may need extensive medical treatment. But this can keep you out of work for weeks, months, or even years. Losing the paycheck you rely on can make keeping up with day-to-day living expenses difficult, and it only gets harder once your medical bills begin to add up.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, we know that many victims are most concerned about how they’re going to pay for their initial medical bills and their families’ cost of living in the aftermath of their injuries.
Unfortunately, we also know that insurance companies take advantage of the “sticker shock” many victims experience when they get their first medical bills. That’s why they’re able to offer lowball settlement offers, which many victims accept.
Having an experienced California personal injury lawyer on your side can help protect you from accepting unfair deals from the insurance company. We’ll work hard to help you get maximum compensation by:
- Gathering evidence that proves you weren’t at fault – Insurance companies are reluctant to pay full settlements if they can’t prove that a victim wasn’t at fault for his or her injuries.
- Calculating your current and future accident-related expenses – The expenses you’re facing right now can seem overwhelming, but they may just be the tip of the iceberg. We’ll determine the potential costs of your time away from work, rehabilitation, and follow-up surgeries and treatments and do our best to help you get these expenses covered by insurance.
Don’t let the insurance company take advantage of you when you’re still in shock after your accident. Contact our legal team for a free consultation, and let us level the playing field for you and your loved ones.
July 31st, 2017|
Injuries caused by car, truck, boat, and motorcycle accidents can leave victims facing expensive medical bills and months without the paychecks they depend on. Unfortunately, many victims are stuck paying out of pocket after accidents that weren’t their fault—especially when they’re not aware of the tactics insurance adjusters use to reject their claims or reduce their settlements.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California personal injury attorneys work hard to protect victims like you from insurance adjusters who want to deny your right to compensation. But we also know that it can be difficult for victims to get money they deserve if they make common mistakes like these:
- Waiting too long to see a doctor after the injury occurs – Insurance companies are skeptical of most claims—especially when victims wait days, weeks, or even months to get their injuries examined. We tell clients to go to the doctor right away to protect their health and rights to compensation.
- Admitting fault to police, the other driver, or on social media – Injury accidents can be confusing and leave you in shock, confused, and disoriented. It is common for victims to have hazy or even inaccurate memories of the moments leading up to accidents. Admitting fault can disqualify accident victims from receiving compensation—even if evidence later proves you didn’t cause the accident.
Our legal team is dedicated to protecting the rights of injured victims throughout the Bay Area. From the moment you call us, we’ll work hard to make sure your claim gets the attention and respect it deserves. Get in touch with us today—just fill out an online consultation form.
April 24th, 2017|
When you walk into a store in San Francisco, you have certain rights that must be upheld. First of all, you have every right to be in that store regardless of race, gender, religious affiliation, or sexual preference. In addition, you have the right to your safety. That is to say, you have the right to exit that store in the same physical condition (if not better) as you entered. When that right is taken away by someone else’s negligence, you could have a premises liability case, also known as a slip-and-fall case.
In San Francisco, you can bring a premises liability lawsuit against an individual, business, or government entity if you sustained injuries on their property due to their carelessness or negligence. For example, if poor construction at a public building leads to you becoming injured, that business or organization is responsible for those injuries. However, proving fault in a premises liability case can be difficult on your own. It can require a detailed investigation into the circumstances that led up to your accident and a thorough understanding of liability laws.
If you’ve been injured on someone else’s property, call our experienced premises liability attorneys today for a free, no-obligation consultation. We’ll fully investigate the cause of your accident and fight to hold the responsible party accountable. Don’t try to take on your injury claim alone. Contact Berg Injury Lawyers today.
February 20th, 2017|
Ever ordered something online and when it arrived, it turned out to be completely different than advertised? I think we all have. That can be pretty frustrating, as well as costly. When it happens, it’s completely within your rights to demand a full refund. After all, the vendor failed to live up to their end of the bargain. But what if instead of issuing a refund, the vendor demanded more money? Sounds ridiculous, but that’s exactly what many California life insurance policyholders are facing right now.
It’s called life insurance company fraud. You purchase a life insurance policy for an agreed-upon premium payment every month. You pay those premiums without fail like the ideal policyholder. Then one day you receive a notice in the mail that your premiums are going up for the exact same policy. What’s worse, if you don’t pay the inflated premiums, you could lose the key benefits of the policy. Sound like a bait and switch? That’s because it is.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, we’ve been following this type of fraud for more than a year and are ready to stand up for victims in San Francisco. If you’ve received notice that your life insurance premiums are skyrocketing, give us a call today for a free consultation. We’ll review your case at no cost or obligation, and advise you on how to proceed. Don’t let the insurance company take advantage of you and your family. Call us today.
January 30th, 2017|
As you can probably tell by the product liability cases we’ve won in the past, we take consumer’s rights very seriously at Berg Injury Lawyers. We believe if you spend your hard-earned money on a product, you shouldn’t have to fear that your life is in danger when using it. But your rights as a consumer go far beyond the products you buy. Every business you visit in the Bay Area has a responsibility to your safety. When that responsibility isn’t upheld, the result can be tragic.
Premises liability cases, or slip and fall cases, involve injuries sustained on someone else’s property due to hazardous conditions or a negligent act. For example, if you are in a business in San Francisco and a poorly constructed structure collapses, causing you physical harm, you may have a premises liability claim against the business. However, proving such a claim can be difficult. As your San Francisco premises liability attorneys, we must prove:
- The condition of the property was dangerous.
- The owner knew, or should have known, about the property’s condition.
- The owner had a reasonable amount of time to fix the condition of the property.
If you or someone you love suffered physical injuries on someone else’s property, getting the compensation you deserve on your own can be tough, which is why you should seek experienced legal help immediately. Call our premises liability attorneys today for a free consultation. We’ll do everything within our power to get you maximum compensation for your injuries.
October 31st, 2016|
California is the most beautiful place in the country to live. No other state has a wider range of climates, landscapes, and cultures to enjoy, which is why more than 38 million people call the Golden State home. However, one thing California isn’t is cheap.
Whether you live in the city or suburbs, the cost of living here continues to rise, making it hard for some families to make ends meet. Californians know better than most that where we invest our money is important for right now, as well as for our families’ futures. It used to be that a life insurance policy was a safe way to make sure your family will be taken care of after your death, but unfortunately, that’s no longer the case for some.
Over the past year, we’ve become increasingly aware of life insurance company fraud in our San Francisco community. Here’s how it works. You buy a life insurance policy, pay the premiums on time, and keep the policy in good standing. Then one day you get a notice that your premiums are skyrocketing, leaving you with a couple options: cancel the policy or pay the inflated premiums for the exact same policy.
If this has happened to you, give our San Francisco life insurance company fraud lawyers a call today for a free consultation. What your insurance company is trying to do may be fraudulent, and we won’t let them get away with it. Don’t be a victim. Contact us today, and we’ll start investigating your case right away.