October 21st, 2019|
When someone suffers a traumatic brain injury (TBI), the short and long-term consequences aren’t always immediately known. Some victims suffer symptoms that are similar to a concussion, while others may experience permanent and life-changing effects. Victims of serious TBIs can experience a range of disabilities, including cognitive and behavioral changes as well as impaired coordination and fine motor skills.
TBI-related complications can make it difficult or even impossible for victims to return to work after their accidents, and that means they and their loved ones won’t get the paychecks they depend on. To make matters worse, the medical bills associated with TBIs are significant and may continue to accumulate for years after the initial accidents occurred. That’s because many victims require ongoing physical and cognitive rehabilitation to regain lost function.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, we know how devastating the effects of TBIs can be on victims and their families. That’s why we believe that innocent people should never pay out of pocket after TBIs that weren’t their fault. Our California brain injury lawyers have helped victims get the compensation they deserve after TBIs for decades, and we know how to build claims that get results.
You shouldn’t have to suffer financially because of another person’s or party’s negligence. You’ve gone through enough already—now let us fight for your right to get the money you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation to find out how we can help you and your loved ones during this difficult time.
August 12th, 2019|
Whether you or someone you love recently suffered a traumatic brain injury (TBI), it’s important to have experienced legal representation on your side when seeking compensation. TBIs are associated with enormous expenses, including surgeries, physical rehabilitation, and even around-the-clock professional care. Many TBI victims experience impaired fine motor skills or cognitive function, making it difficult or impossible for them to remain in their careers or work in any capacity.
When you’re facing expensive medical bills and have lost your family’s source of income, you need to file a compensation claim against the party who was responsible for the TBI. But in most cases, that means filing a claim against their insurance provider—and insurance companies are notoriously strict when it comes to paying settlements. Even if you have plenty of proof that the accident wasn’t your fault and can show how the TBI negatively impacted your life, your claim may still be reduced or denied.
Insurance companies want to protect their profits, and they know that ordinary people often have few resources after serious accidents. That’s why they deploy many different tactics to get victims to accept small settlements or to even give up entirely. At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California brain injury attorneys know how insurance companies operate, and we stay one step ahead of them throughout the claims process.
Don’t be denied the money you deserve. Get in touch with us today for a free consultation, and let us put our experience to work for you.
June 10th, 2019|
All injuries have the potential to have devastating consequences for victims. However, traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are associated with unique challenges and complications. That’s because the detrimental and disabling effects caused by TBIs are often permanent, making it more difficult for victims to work, enjoy the things they once loved, and even live independently.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California brain injury attorneys fight for the rights of people who suffered TBIs through no fault of their own. Over the years, we’ve helped many families who were dealing with the aftermaths of TBIs, and we’ve seen how disruptive and expensive they can be. That’s why it’s our goal to help victims and their loved ones get maximum compensation for things like:
- Medical bills—TBIs are associated with extensive medical care and treatments. Victims often require surgeries and physical rehabilitation, and some may even need around-the-clock medical attention or supervision.
- Lost wages—TBIs can affect victims’ abilities to work in two ways. First, they can lead to cognitive deficits that make it difficult to handle mental workloads. Second, they can interfere with fine motor skills, making it difficult for victims to perform routine tasks at their jobs.
- Pain and suffering—TBIs can dramatically affect victims’ enjoyment of their lives. They may be in constant pain, and they may be unable to participate in their favorite hobbies. They also may be limited in their abilities to spend time with their loved ones.
If you or someone you love suffered a TBI, we want to help you get the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation.
March 18th, 2019|
At Berg Injury Lawyers, it’s our goal to help people who were hurt through no fault of their own get the compensation they need for their medical bills and lost wages. The expenses that injury victims incur can differ from case to case, but one type of injury that almost always results in a huge financial burden is a traumatic brain injury (TBI).
When people suffer TBIs, they often experience a wide range of debilitating and disabling complications. Their personalities may change, they may lose fine motor skills, and they may even suffer from cognitive impairments. In severe cases, victims even lose the ability to live independently. When victims can’t work and require frequent, even around-the-clock medical care, it can be financially devastating for them and their loved ones.
Our California brain injury lawyers have helped many families in that situation, and we want to help you, too. Whether your or your loved one’s TBI occurred in an auto accident, because of medical malpractice, or due to poor workplace safety, our legal team is ready to give you the care and attention you deserve. We can calculate how much money you’re owed because of the person’s or party’s negligence, and we’ll do everything we can to help you get every penny you deserve.
Trust our experience and track record of success. We know how serious TBIs are, and we know how to build claims that get results. Contact us today for a free consultation.
December 10th, 2018|
Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are aptly named. Even relatively minor blows to the head can result in significant and life-changing effects for victims, while more serious injuries can cause victims to suffer profound cognitive disabilities, personality changes, and physical limitations.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California brain injury attorneys know that TBIs can happen due to a variety of circumstances and scenarios. They may occur during auto accidents, because of preventable medical complications, or because of poor workplace safety protocols. Regardless of how they happen, the people who suffer from TBIs—along with their families—often face a lifetime of challenges related to their care and treatment.
Many TBI victims lose their ability to live independently, and they may require extensive medical care for months, years, or even decades. The families of those victims may have no choice but to hire medical professionals to care for their loved ones around the clock. The costs of such care can be astronomical, especially when the victims themselves were primary income earners for their loved ones.
Our legal team believes that TBI victims and their families shouldn’t have to pay out of pocket for the consequences of injuries that weren’t their fault. That’s why we do everything in our power to help our clients get maximum compensation. From collecting evidence that leaves no doubt about how the TBI occurred, to calculating how much compensation your family deserves, we’re ready to fight for your rights. Call today for a free consultation.
September 10th, 2018|
If you or someone you love recently suffered a traumatic brain injury (TBI), you may be facing a difficult battle over the coming months, years, and even decades. That’s because TBIs have the potential to affect every aspect of victims’ lives, including their ability to work and even live independently.
Because the brain is far less capable of healing and regeneration than other organs and tissues in the body, all TBIs have the potential to cause profound and lifelong consequences for victims. The medical bills and rehabilitation costs associated with TBIs can be overwhelming for many families, especially when victims are primary income earners and can no longer earn the paychecks their loved ones depend on.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California brain injury lawyers know how serious TBIs can be and their potential for affecting families for years to come. That’s why we do everything in our power to help victims get maximum compensation for all of their TBI-related expenses, including current and future medical bills, current and future lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Whether the TBI was caused by a car accident, a defective product, a work-related accident, or another type of accident that was the result of someone else’s negligence, you can count on our legal team to provide the experienced and dedicated representation you deserve.
Call us today for a free consultation. We’re here to help you move forward with your life.
July 9th, 2018|
Brain injuries are unique. They’re the only type of injuries that can permanently change victims’ cognitive abilities and personalities. Even minor brain injuries can cause enough damage to result in profound effects on victims’ abilities to work and live independently.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, we know that many traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are caused by accidents—and those accidents are often due to other people’s or parties’ negligence. When victims and their families come to us for help after they’ve suffered from TBIs, it’s our goal to do two things for them:
- Investigate the cause of the TBI—To file an injury claim, we must prove that the injury occurred due to another party’s negligence or carelessness. That involves collecting and presenting compelling evidence to the insurance company.
- Calculate how much the TBI will cost over a lifetime—When victims suffer serious damage to brain cells and neurons, they may never recover what was lost—and that can mean permanent disability. We’ll find out how much the TBI will cost you and your loved ones, and we’ll make sure the insurance company knows how much it owes you.
We’re personal injury lawyers, and we know that all injuries have the potential to be devastating and life-changing. But brain injuries can be particularly devastating, especially when they change the core being of who people are.
April 23rd, 2018|
The potential for serious accidents is all around us. And when people are involved in serious accidents, they face the risk of suffering injuries that can lead to prolonged pain, disability, and even life-threatening complications.
Injuries to all parts of the body have the potential to be debilitating, but there’s one type of injury that can have the most lasting and profound impacts on victims: brain injuries. Despite being protected by the skull, the human brain is extremely vulnerable during accidents, and even relatively minor impacts can cause significant damage.
Although virtually any type of accident can cause a brain injury, that specific trauma is commonly found in victims of the following accidents:
- Car accidents—Brain injuries can occur during auto accidents in two ways: victims’ heads impacting objects inside their vehicles, or victims’ brains moving inside their skulls due to sudden deceleration.
- Motorcycle accidents—People who ride motorcycles face high risks of brain injuries. In fact, a study of motorcycle crashes between 2007 and 2010 found that 36 percent of helmet-wearing passengers suffered brain injuries, while 31 percent of drivers suffered brain injuries.
- Work-related accidents—Industrial and construction jobs are the livelihood of many families in California, but they also come with many risks, including brain injuries. Improper use or maintenance of heavy machinery, dropped tools, and falls can all cause workers to suffer serious head injuries.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California brain injury attorneys have helped victims and their families get compensation for many years, and we know what it takes to win. Call today for a free consultation.
November 6th, 2017|
At Berg Injury Lawyers, we’re proud to provide legal representation to victims of a variety of accidents and injuries, including auto accidents, truck accidents, drug injuries, and drunk driving accidents, just to name a few.
And while every accident or injury has the potential to be serious and even life-threatening, we know that accidents that affect the brain can be especially devastating. Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can range from mild concussions to permanent brain damage. Victims who suffer TBIs can be left with profound physical and mental disabilities, and some even permanently lose their ability to live independently.
If you or someone you love suffered a brain injury because of another person’s negligence, we want to speak with you. It’s our goal to help you get maximum compensation for a variety of expenses, including:
- Medical bills – TBIs require extensive medical treatment and intervention that health insurance may not fully cover—which can leave victims and their families in a financial bind.
- Lost wages – Because TBIs can affect victims physically and mentally, it’s common for people who suffered brain injuries to be unable to go back to work.
- Pain and suffering – TBIs can make it impossible for victims to enjoy their hobbies, and their quality of life and the quality of life of their caregivers can decrease dramatically.
August 14th, 2017|
When a person’s brain is damaged during an accident, they may experience subtle or profound changes in their ability to do their job, communicate effectively, or even take care of themselves without assistance. Every traumatic brain injury (TBI) is different and has its own symptoms and life-altering effects.
People who suffer from TBIs can experience a wide range of complications, but most can be divided into three categories:
- Cognitive problems – When parts of the brain responsible for cognition are injured, victims can experience difficulties with things like memory, learning and reasoning, and communication issues such as difficulty understanding speech or writing.
- Behavioral problems – Some TBI victims may act differently than they did before their accidents. They may suddenly have difficulty with self-control, lack behavioral awareness, or engage in risky behavior. In addition, their emotional states may change rapidly, and they may be prone to depression, anxiety, and anger.
- Physical problems – Because the brain is responsible for so many bodily processes, TBI victims can experience a host of physical symptoms. They may suffer nerve damage—especially in their eyes or facial muscles—and they may develop problems with their senses, including altered taste, ringing in their ears, blurry vision, and difficulty keeping their balance.
When TBIs are severe, victims can even experience altered consciousness, including fainting spells, coma, and even brain death.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California brain injury lawyers know that people can suffer TBIs in a variety of circumstances, including car accidents, boat accidents, motorcycle accidents, and more. If you or someone you love suffered a TBI because of another person’s negligence, you may be eligible to file a claim for compensation. Contact us today for a free consultation to discuss your options.