November 25th, 2019People who serve in the U.S. Armed Forces are supposed to get a variety of important benefits, including disability benefits, if they suffer an injury or illness that makes them unable to perform their duties while serving their country. But receiving those benefits isn’t automatic by any means. The Veterans Administration (VA) is notorious for denying claims, and winning appeals is also difficult. At Berg Injury Lawyers, our | California veterans disability benefits lawyers have helped many former servicemembers who suffer from health problems that left them unable to complete their duties. If you or someone you love became disabled during military service, it’s important to speak with an experienced veterans disability lawyer about applying for benefits. There are many pitfalls during the application process, and we can help you avoid them. In addition to building a strong claim for you from the get-go, we can also appeal your claim if it was denied by the VA. The VA denies what should be valid and strong claims all too often, and when that happens, it’s essential to have an experienced law firm on your side who can make a case for why your application should be approved. Don’t leave the outcome of your initial application or appeal up to chance. The VA has a huge backlog of claims to work through, and getting information or status updates on your benefits can be difficult and time consuming. Our attorneys know how to expedite the process and maximize your chances of approval. Contact us today for a free consultation.
September 16th, 2019As a member of the U.S. Armed Forces, you pledged to serve your country, even if it meant putting your life in danger. In return, you were supposed to receive benefits and privileges, including access to disability payments if you became sick or injured during your service. Unfortunately, the Veterans Administration (VA) has strict criteria for approving veterans disability claims, and that means many otherwise valid claims fall through the cracks every year. At | Berg Injury Lawyers, our California veterans disability attorneys know that far too many dedicated and hardworking veterans are denied by the VA when they apply for benefits after suffering service-related injuries and illnesses. The VA is a huge organization with a massive backlog of applications, and once you’re denied, it can seem hopeless that you’ll ever get a second chance. Our team is here to help veterans like you maximize their chances of success by building strong claims the first time around. We also know how to navigate the VA’s system to ensure your appeal will be heard and reviewed if you’ve already been rejected. Filing your initial claim or appeal on your own can be like rolling the dice. Some applicants get lucky and are quickly approved, while others wait for months or even years to hear a decision, only to be turned down. Don’t risk the benefits you’ve earned—let us investigate your service-related health problems and build a strong claim for you and your loved ones. Call today for a free consultation.
July 15th, 2019Serving in the U.S. military involves hard work, long hours, and the risk of injuries and even death. If you suffered health problems as a result of your military duties, whether you were active duty or a reservist, it’s important to get in touch with an experienced | California veterans disability lawyer. All military servicemembers are supposed to be eligible to receive disability benefits if they suffer injuries or illnesses in the line of duty that prevent them from working or that require expensive medical treatments. However, the Veterans Administration (VA) is notoriously slow, backed up, and even dismissive of some claims. Filing a claim without a law firm on your side can make it difficult to get the money you deserve. At Berg Injury Lawyers, we know the VA’s criteria for reviewing claims, and we know what it takes to file claims that are both expedited and built for approval. When you contact us, we’ll collect evidence that proves your health problems are service-related, and we’ll make sure every aspect of your claim is accurate, complete, and submitted on time. You served your country and now you need help. Don’t leave your claim up to chance, and don’t risk a rejection that could take months or years to resolve. Get experienced legal representation on your side today by contacting our team of veterans disability benefits lawyers.
April 15th, 2019If you served in the U.S. Armed Forces, you’re supposed to be eligible to receive a variety of benefits, including compensation if you get sick or injured in the line of duty. But as many veterans already know, getting approved for those benefits by the Veterans Administration (VA) isn’t easy. The VA has strict criteria for approving disability benefits claims, and many valid claims slip through the cracks and get denied every year. Whether it’s due to small oversights, missing paperwork, or even processing errors, a significant number of veterans lose out on their chance to get the money they deserve. At | Berg Injury Lawyers, we believe that all veterans are entitled to the benefits they were promised when they pledged to serve our country. If you or someone you love is seeking disability benefits after suffering an injury or illness while in the U.S. military, our California veterans disability lawyers want to speak with you. When you choose us to help you with your claim, we can collect evidence that proves your disability is linked to your military service, and then we’ll build a claim that maximizes your chances of approval. Our legal team knows the ins and outs of the VA’s approval process, and that means we know what it takes to make sure your claim is properly reviewed. Contact us today for a free consultation, and let us put our experience and resources to work for your family.
February 4th, 2019Serving in the U.S. Armed Forces is supposed to grant you certain benefits for life, including disability benefits if you suffer an injury or develop an illness during your service. However, the Veterans Administration (VA) is notoriously strict when it comes to awarding benefits to disabled service members. Studies show that as many 31 percent of disability benefits claims are denied. At | Berg Injury Lawyers, we believe that veterans suffering from illnesses and injuries shouldn’t have to face the risk of having their applications denied. Our California veterans disability benefits lawyers know what the VA looks for when it processes claims, and we know how to maximize people’s chances of getting approved. If you or someone you love became disabled as a result of military service, our legal team is ready to help in the following ways:
- We’ll collect evidence that shows your disability is service-related—The VA is skeptical of most of the claims it receives. The people who review disability claims want to see proof that illnesses and injuries happened. We’re ready to provide plenty of evidence that stands up under the closest scrutiny.
- We’ll ensure that your application is free from mistakes—Some of the biggest reasons that claims are denied are oversights, inaccuracies, and mistakes. All it takes is a small misstep for an application to get denied. We’ll review yours thoroughly to make sure it’s complete and accurate from beginning to end.
November 5th, 2018In return for your agreement to serve your country as a member of the U.S. Armed Forces, you’re entitled to certain benefits, including disability benefits if an injury or illness prevents you from carrying out your duties. But getting those benefits is a challenge for many service members. The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) doesn’t approve applications easily, and while its strict criteria help cut down on fraud, it also means that many veterans with valid claims often get denied. At Berg Injury Lawyers, our | California veterans disability lawyers believe that no veteran who served their country should be denied the benefits that they deserve. When you contact our legal team to handle your disability benefits claim, you’ll get the following assistance:
- We’ll prove your injury or illness was service-related—Many claims are denied due to the VA believing that health problems originated outside of military service. We’ll collect evidence that leaves no doubt about the origin of your disability.
- We’ll make sure your claim is accurate and complete—The VA is quick to deny or dismiss claims with even minor mistakes and oversights. Our legal team knows the ins-and-outs of claims, and you’ll have peace of mind with our attorneys reviewing your application.
July 2nd, 2018As a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces, you’re entitled to many benefits because of your years of service for your country. Among these benefits is a form of income replacement if you get hurt in the line of duty and are unable to work and earn a living for yourself and your loved ones. Unfortunately, veterans disability benefits can be difficult to acquire. Countless applications are denied every year, and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has strict criteria for determining when claims are valid and eligible for approval. In many cases, applications are jeopardized because applicants make mistakes. Two of the most common mistakes that can harm claims include: |
- Lying about any aspect of an illness or injury—If the VA suspects that applicants aren’t being completely truthful about their service-related conditions, it will deny their claims. That’s why it’s important to never exaggerate or downplay any aspect of an illness or injury.
- Putting off the application process—The VA views claims that aren’t filed soon after injuries and illnesses occur with suspicion. When applicants wait too long, the VA may believe that their health conditions aren’t related to their service.
February 19th, 2018At | Berg Injury Lawyers, our California veterans disability benefits attorneys help many people who served their country get the benefits they’re entitled to. We have years of experience fighting for the rights of injured veterans, and we know that the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has strict guidelines for issuing and awarding benefits. Even small, minor mistakes can put applications in jeopardy. When people are denied the benefits they earned during their military service, they may feel like giving up. But it’s important for all veterans to remember that they’re still entitled to benefits, and we’re here to help guide them through the application process. You can increase your chances of being approved by avoiding some common mistakes that veterans make when they apply for benefits. Those include:
- Downplaying symptoms – Many military veterans are reluctant to list all of the ways that their service-related injuries and illnesses affect them. But being honest and comprehensive when it comes to describing symptoms is essential, as downplaying symptoms can make the VA assume that you’re in better health than you actually are.
- Waiting too long to get help – It’s important to begin working on your application as soon as your injuries or illnesses begin affecting you. Evidence can quickly disappear, and it may be more difficult to link your illness or injury to your service. An attorney is ready to help you obtain evidence that confirms the origin of your health problems.
December 25th, 2017Serving in the military is supposed to provide you access to many important benefits, including compensation if you’re injured or develop a serious illness. But getting veterans disability benefits is a complicated process with many steps, and many claims are denied every year. At | Berg Injury Lawyers, our California veterans disability benefits lawyers know how devastating it is for veterans and their families when their applications are rejected—especially after they’ve sacrificed so much for their country. We believe that veterans should never be turned down from the benefits they deserve, and that’s why we do everything we can to help them get the money they need. When we handle veterans disability benefits claims, our legal team works to:
- Prove that the illness or injury is service-related – One of the biggest roadblocks applicants face is proving that their disability happened due to military service. We’ll collect and present evidence that leaves no doubt about the origin of the injury or illness.
- Submit an error-free, complete, and on-time application – Countless benefits applications are denied due to mistakes, incomplete information, or late submissions and responses. Our legal team knows the ins and outs of the process, and we’ll make sure the application is completed and submitted on time.
April 4th, 2016Our servicemen and women sacrifice so much for our country, putting their lives on the line in service of our country. When soldiers are wounded in that service, they deserve more than our respect and gratitude; they deserve the complete financial support of our government. They seek that financial support through a | veteran disability benefits claim filed with the government. These benefits are intended to compensate military personnel for a wide variety of physical and mental injuries sustained during military service, such as traumatic brain injuries, PTSD, spinal cord injuries, exposure to toxic chemicals, and severe lacerations. Unfortunately, the government often denies these claims, and in doing so, denies our service members and their families the financial resources necessary to put their lives back together. Veteran disability benefit claims are different from Social Security Disability claims. They’re more complicated and harder to secure on your own. That’s why it’s important to have an experienced veteran disability lawyer to give you the best chance of securing benefits. At Berg Injury Lawyers, we’ve been helping veterans get the disability benefits they deserve for more than 30 years. If your veteran disability claim has been reduced, denied, or ignored, give us a call today. You’ve done so much for our country. It’s time your country did something for you.