March 23rd, 2020|
Crashes involving heavy trucks are a driver’s worst nightmare. No one wants a 40-ton tractor-trailer smashing into their vehicle, because we all know how devastating that can be.
In the aftermath of a large truck crash, injured people are left to deal with intense physical pain, posttraumatic stress disorder, medical bills, lost income, and other monumental obstacles. Unfortunately, any injury claims filed in the wake of a serious truck accident tend to be more complicated than those involving other crash types.
Why are these claims more complex? The damages are typically far greater, which almost guarantees resistance from insurance companies. But the fact that trucking crashes involve so many parties is one of the key reasons truck accident cases are so unique.
Who Is Liable for Truck Crashes in California?
Any number of parties might be responsible for a truck accident. To break down this important topic, we’ve created a brief guide:
Hopefully, you have a better understanding of liability in trucking accidents after reading the guide linked above. However, we also know that you likely have other questions you want addressed. If you need to speak to an attorney who has experience with these cases, call Berg Injury Lawyers.
We’ve been helping injured people get the money they deserve for nearly four decades. In our years of experience, we’ve learned so much about how these claims play out, and we want to use that experience to help you and your loved ones.
What You Should Know About Truck Accident Cases
If you’re filing a personal injury claim after being involved in a truck accident, you should strongly consider hiring an attorney. As you learned in our guide above, a single truck accident can involve several well-funded parties, and paying you the money you deserve is the last thing on their minds.
Insurers and trucking companies don’t play nice when money is at stake. It’s not uncommon for one of these companies to send a representative to the scene of a crash to mitigate the liability of the truck driver or the trucking company.
If you are ever involved in a crash with a large truck, DO NOT speak to a representative of the trucking company or the truck driver’s insurance company. If you’ve hired an attorney, direct that representative to them.
To Speak to an Experienced Truck Crash Attorney, Call Berg Injury Lawyers
Don’t leave your claim hanging in the balance when so much is at stake. Contact Berg Injury Lawyers today to speak to a California truck accident attorney who knows how to get results.
December 9th, 2019|
At first glance, getting compensation for truck accidents seems like it should follow the same process as getting compensation for accidents involving passenger vehicles. But anyone who was hurt in an accident involving a tractor-trailer can tell you that truck accident claims are often far more complicated than auto accident claims.
There are three main reasons for that:
- Truck accidents involve more potentially liable parties—In auto accidents, there’s usually one liable party: the negligent driver. But in truck accidents, there may be two, three, four, or more negligent parties, including the truck drivers, truck owners, truck companies, and even other motorists. Determining who was at fault can be a difficult process and it requires collecting and analyzing plenty of evidence.
- Truck accidents cause severe injuries—Semi-trucks are dozens of feet in length and can up to 80,000 pounds when fully loaded. When they’re involved in crashes with passenger vehicles, their occupants are likely to suffer serious injuries that can be life-changing and life-threatening. Victims often experience permanent disabilities that put them out of work, which means their compensation claims must be carefully built and negotiated.
- Truck accidents often result in big settlements—Insurance companies do everything in their power to pay victims as little as possible after crashes. And because truck accident settlements are often much bigger than auto accident settlements, insurance companies can be even less helpful and even combative when victims seek the compensation they are owed.
October 7th, 2019|
If you were recently involved in a truck accident, getting compensation is likely one of your biggest priorities. That’s because truck accidents often cause serious injuries that can require expensive medical treatments and long periods away from work. But in order to get compensation, you must first prove that another party—or even multiple parties—was negligent.
When it comes to truck accidents, one or more parties may contribute to a crash. When you call the California truck accident attorneys at Berg Injury Lawyers, we’ll investigate the accident and find out who was at fault. Potentially liable parties include:
- The truck driver—Truck drivers must not only follow state traffic laws, but must also follow federal trucking guidelines as dictated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- The truck company—Truck companies may overload trucks to increase profits, or they may follow unsafe loading procedures, causing trucks to be unbalanced and unsafe to drive.
- The truck owner—Trucks can rack up hundreds of thousands of miles in just a few years. Truck owners are required to maintain them regularly, and when they fail to do, accidents can occur.
- Another driver—Trucks may be involved in crashes that were caused by other drivers. We’ll review all the facts to find out who was responsible, including other motorists.
In many cases, multiple parties may share liability for truck accidents. Whoever was responsible for your truck accident, we’ll do everything we can to maximize your chances of getting compensation. Call today.
August 21st, 2019|
Fully loaded semi-trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds and be 65 feet in length or longer. In comparison, even the largest SUVs and pickup trucks max out at around 6,500 pounds and 20 feet in length. Simple physics dictate that big trucks are likely to do massive damage to smaller vehicles when they’re involved in crashes, putting drivers and their passengers at high risk of suffering serious injuries.
If you or someone you love was recently hurt in an accident involving a tractor trailer or other commercial vehicle, your injuries may require extensive medical treatments, and you may be unable to work for the foreseeable future. Keeping up with your day-to-day living expenses can be difficult enough when you’re not working, and paying for expensive medical bills may be out of the question.
You know you need to file a compensation claim for your truck accident, but you may be hesitant to do so, especially if you’ve never needed a lawyer before. At Berg Injury Lawyers, it’s our goal to make the process as easy as possible for you. We have years of experience assisting injured truck accident victims like you, and we’re ready to put our track record of success to work for you and your loved ones. Contact us today for a free consultation.
How We’ll Help You with Your Truck Accident Claim
Truck accident claims can be legally complex. That’s because multiple parties may be considered at fault. Our California truck accident lawyers know both state and federal laws concerning the trucking industry, and we’ll put that knowledge to use when we build your claim.
When you contact us, you can count on us to take the following steps on your behalf:
- We’ll determine who was responsible for the crash—Whether the liable party was the truck driver, truck owner, truck company, another driver, or any combination of parties, we’ll collect evidence that proves their responsibility.
- We’ll calculate your accident-related expenses—Your medical bills may keep piling up, and you may be unable to return to work for weeks or months because of the crash. We’ll tally up your total expenses and make sure the insurance company knows how much you’re owed.
- We’ll negotiate to get you maximum compensation—Trucking companies are required to carry much larger insurance policies, and this makes insurance companies even more combative after truck accidents than after car accidents. We’re not afraid to stand up to them regardless of the stakes, especially when it comes to getting you the money you need.
You’ve gone through a difficult experience, and the last thing you need to deal with is the insurance company and its schemes. Let us protect your rights to the compensation you deserve. Contact us today.
July 8th, 2019|
If you or someone you love was injured through no fault of your own, you may be eligible to file a claim to be compensated for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Injury claims can involve big settlements, and the money in those settlements often comes from insurance companies’ pockets. To protect their huge annual profits, insurance companies often push back against injured victims when they file claims, especially when they were hurt in truck accidents.
Truck accidents are more likely to cause serious and even life-threatening injuries than other auto accidents due to the weight and size of tractor trailers. That means the injury claims associated with them can be substantial. Insurance companies and their adjusters use every trick in the book to avoid paying victims what they deserve after truck accidents, and it’s not uncommon for innocent people to have their claims significantly reduced or even denied.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California truck accident lawyers want to protect your rights to the money you deserve. We know that truck accident claims can be legally complex due to the number of parties who may be liable, and we also know that the insurance company will likely be uncooperative when you file a claim. Our legal team has many years of experience assisting injured victims like you, and we know how to stay one step ahead of the insurance company throughout the legal process.
Contact us today for a free consultation. You deserve full compensation for what you’ve been through, and we want to help you get it.
March 25th, 2019|
Even the biggest passenger vehicles, including pickup trucks and SUVs, are no match for semi trucks during crashes. That’s because tractor trailers can weigh up to 80,000 pounds and are dozens of feet in length when their trailers are fully loaded.
If you or someone you love was involved in an accident with a big truck, you may have suffered serious and debilitating injuries. At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California truck accident attorneys know what you’re going through. We’ve helped many people just like you get the compensation they deserve after accidents, and we’ll do everything in our power to help you, too.
When you choose us to handle your truck accident claim, we’ll work hard for you in the following ways:
- We’ll collect evidence to determine who was at fault—Truck accidents can have many causes and liable parties, including negligent drivers, truck owners, and truck companies. We’ll investigate the crash and find out who caused it.
- We’ll prove your injuries were caused during the crash—The insurance company may be skeptical of your claim, and it may believe your injuries are pre-existing. We’ll use medical records and even expert witnesses to leave no doubt that the crash caused your injuries.
- We’ll negotiate to get you a fair settlement—By calculating your injury-related medical bills and lost wages, we’ll find out exactly how much money you’re owed. Then, we’ll negotiate with the insurance company to maximize your chances of getting it.
Ready to get started? Contact us today for a free consultation.
January 7th, 2019|
If you were recently injured in a big truck accident, you may be in pain, disabled, and facing expensive medical bills that you can’t afford. At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California truck accident attorneys are here to help victims like you during difficult times like these.
When you’re still dealing with the pain and shock of a truck accident, the last thing you want to do is jump through the insurance company’s hoops while attempting to get compensation for your accident-related expenses. Insurance companies know that some victims would rather get money right away and not deal with any hassle than potentially prolong their claims and get the maximum compensation they deserve.
But you don’t have to go it alone. Our legal team knows everything about truck accident claims, including which parties can be held liable, which laws and regulations are often violated and lead to crashes, and how much money they cost victims. When you choose us to handle your claim, we’ll collect evidence that proves who caused the crash, whether it was the truck driver, truck owner, or truck company. Then, we’ll calculate how much money you’re owed for your lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering.
We won’t let the insurance company get away with giving you a lowball settlements. It’s our goal to help you get the money you need to move forward with your life. Call us today for a free consultation.
November 26th, 2018|
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California truck accident attorneys do everything in our power to help innocent victims get the representation and compensation they deserve after a truck accident.
However, we can’t always be there in the immediate aftermaths of accidents. While we encourage victims to contact us as soon as possible so that we can take over the major and minor details of their claims, there are a few steps that victims can take before calling us that can have big impacts on their health and their chances of recovering maximum damages.
The three steps that all truck accident victims should take as soon as possible after their crashes include:
- Report the accident. Your first step after any type of auto accident is to call 911. California law requires that all crashes that involve injuries or property damage be reported to law enforcement. You also may need to report the accident to your insurance company.
- Get medical treatment. This step is a no-brainer if you suffered serious and obvious injuries during the crash, but it’s important to be checked out by a doctor even if you don’t think you were hurt. Some injuries take time to show up, and a doctor can find and treat those injuries early.
- Call a lawyer. Truck accidents are complex and require plenty of evidence and a proactive approach. The sooner you call our office, the better your chances will be of obtaining full compensation.
You have enough to worry about after your truck accident. Let us handle the details of your claim while you focus on getting better. Call today for a free consultation.
October 1st, 2018|
Even the largest passenger vehicles are no match for commercial semi trucks during accidents. That’s because big pickup trucks and SUVs weigh around 6,000 pounds, while fully loaded tractor trailers can weigh up to 80,000 pounds.
The massive difference in size and weight between big trucks and passenger vehicles means that occupants of the latter are significantly more likely to suffer disabling and even life-threatening injuries during accidents involving the two types of vehicles.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California truck accident attorneys are dedicated to helping innocent victims get compensation after being hurt in big truck crashes. Truck accident claims are complicated, and pursuing damages on your own can be difficult. Choosing us to fight for you after a truck accident can improve your chances of getting a favorable outcome for three reasons:
- We can prove you weren’t at fault—The stakes are higher in big truck accident claims, and that means insurance companies are often more aggressive in protecting their clients and their profits. We’ll collect evidence that leaves no doubt about who was at fault.
- We can prove who was at fault—It’s not enough to prove you didn’t cause the crash. We’ll also determine which parties are liable, including the truck driver, truck company, and truck owner.
- We can negotiate to get you full compensation—Even if the insurance company agrees to pay a settlement, it will try to pay you as little as possible. We’ll negotiate to make sure you’re fairly compensated.
Call us today for a free consultation. We’re here to help.
August 13th, 2018|
All auto accidents have the potential to cause disabling and even life-threatening injuries, but truck accidents are often in a league of their own. That’s because fully-loaded big trucks can weigh 10 times the amount that even the biggest SUVs and pickup trucks weigh. The weight and sheer size difference mean that collisions between tractor-trailers and ordinary passenger vehicles frequently result in serious injuries and even fatalities.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California truck accident lawyers have spent many years fighting for the rights of people who were hurt in truck crashes that weren’t their fault. Although the trucking industry is tightly regulated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, the drivers, companies, and owners in the industry want to maximize their profits. That means regulations are sometimes violated at the expense of safety.
When people are hurt in truck accidents, they face long roads to recovery and many expenses that they might not be able to afford. It’s our legal team’s job to help victims get the money they deserve for things like:
- Medical bills—Truck accident victims often require immediate medical attention. Some need surgery just to survive, while others may need prolonged physical rehabilitation to regain coordination and fine motor skills.
- Lost wages—The injuries associated with truck accidents are often disabling, and that means victims may be unable to work for long periods of time. And when they’re not working, they’re not earning the wages they and their loved ones depend on.
If you or someone you love were hurt in a truck accident, we want to help. Call today for a free consultation.