July 8th, 2019|
If you or someone you love was injured through no fault of your own, you may be eligible to file a claim to be compensated for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Injury claims can involve big settlements, and the money in those settlements often comes from insurance companies’ pockets. To protect their huge annual profits, insurance companies often push back against injured victims when they file claims, especially when they were hurt in truck accidents.
Truck accidents are more likely to cause serious and even life-threatening injuries than other auto accidents due to the weight and size of tractor trailers. That means the injury claims associated with them can be substantial. Insurance companies and their adjusters use every trick in the book to avoid paying victims what they deserve after truck accidents, and it’s not uncommon for innocent people to have their claims significantly reduced or even denied.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California truck accident lawyers want to protect your rights to the money you deserve. We know that truck accident claims can be legally complex due to the number of parties who may be liable, and we also know that the insurance company will likely be uncooperative when you file a claim. Our legal team has many years of experience assisting injured victims like you, and we know how to stay one step ahead of the insurance company throughout the legal process.
Contact us today for a free consultation. You deserve full compensation for what you’ve been through, and we want to help you get it.
March 25th, 2019|
Even the biggest passenger vehicles, including pickup trucks and SUVs, are no match for semi trucks during crashes. That’s because tractor trailers can weigh up to 80,000 pounds and are dozens of feet in length when their trailers are fully loaded.
If you or someone you love was involved in an accident with a big truck, you may have suffered serious and debilitating injuries. At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California truck accident attorneys know what you’re going through. We’ve helped many people just like you get the compensation they deserve after accidents, and we’ll do everything in our power to help you, too.
When you choose us to handle your truck accident claim, we’ll work hard for you in the following ways:
- We’ll collect evidence to determine who was at fault—Truck accidents can have many causes and liable parties, including negligent drivers, truck owners, and truck companies. We’ll investigate the crash and find out who caused it.
- We’ll prove your injuries were caused during the crash—The insurance company may be skeptical of your claim, and it may believe your injuries are pre-existing. We’ll use medical records and even expert witnesses to leave no doubt that the crash caused your injuries.
- We’ll negotiate to get you a fair settlement—By calculating your injury-related medical bills and lost wages, we’ll find out exactly how much money you’re owed. Then, we’ll negotiate with the insurance company to maximize your chances of getting it.
Ready to get started? Contact us today for a free consultation.
January 7th, 2019|
If you were recently injured in a big truck accident, you may be in pain, disabled, and facing expensive medical bills that you can’t afford. At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California truck accident attorneys are here to help victims like you during difficult times like these.
When you’re still dealing with the pain and shock of a truck accident, the last thing you want to do is jump through the insurance company’s hoops while attempting to get compensation for your accident-related expenses. Insurance companies know that some victims would rather get money right away and not deal with any hassle than potentially prolong their claims and get the maximum compensation they deserve.
But you don’t have to go it alone. Our legal team knows everything about truck accident claims, including which parties can be held liable, which laws and regulations are often violated and lead to crashes, and how much money they cost victims. When you choose us to handle your claim, we’ll collect evidence that proves who caused the crash, whether it was the truck driver, truck owner, or truck company. Then, we’ll calculate how much money you’re owed for your lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering.
We won’t let the insurance company get away with giving you a lowball settlements. It’s our goal to help you get the money you need to move forward with your life. Call us today for a free consultation.
November 26th, 2018|
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California truck accident attorneys do everything in our power to help innocent victims get the representation and compensation they deserve after a truck accident.
However, we can’t always be there in the immediate aftermaths of accidents. While we encourage victims to contact us as soon as possible so that we can take over the major and minor details of their claims, there are a few steps that victims can take before calling us that can have big impacts on their health and their chances of recovering maximum damages.
The three steps that all truck accident victims should take as soon as possible after their crashes include:
- Report the accident. Your first step after any type of auto accident is to call 911. California law requires that all crashes that involve injuries or property damage be reported to law enforcement. You also may need to report the accident to your insurance company.
- Get medical treatment. This step is a no-brainer if you suffered serious and obvious injuries during the crash, but it’s important to be checked out by a doctor even if you don’t think you were hurt. Some injuries take time to show up, and a doctor can find and treat those injuries early.
- Call a lawyer. Truck accidents are complex and require plenty of evidence and a proactive approach. The sooner you call our office, the better your chances will be of obtaining full compensation.
You have enough to worry about after your truck accident. Let us handle the details of your claim while you focus on getting better. Call today for a free consultation.
October 1st, 2018|
Even the largest passenger vehicles are no match for commercial semi trucks during accidents. That’s because big pickup trucks and SUVs weigh around 6,000 pounds, while fully loaded tractor trailers can weigh up to 80,000 pounds.
The massive difference in size and weight between big trucks and passenger vehicles means that occupants of the latter are significantly more likely to suffer disabling and even life-threatening injuries during accidents involving the two types of vehicles.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California truck accident attorneys are dedicated to helping innocent victims get compensation after being hurt in big truck crashes. Truck accident claims are complicated, and pursuing damages on your own can be difficult. Choosing us to fight for you after a truck accident can improve your chances of getting a favorable outcome for three reasons:
- We can prove you weren’t at fault—The stakes are higher in big truck accident claims, and that means insurance companies are often more aggressive in protecting their clients and their profits. We’ll collect evidence that leaves no doubt about who was at fault.
- We can prove who was at fault—It’s not enough to prove you didn’t cause the crash. We’ll also determine which parties are liable, including the truck driver, truck company, and truck owner.
- We can negotiate to get you full compensation—Even if the insurance company agrees to pay a settlement, it will try to pay you as little as possible. We’ll negotiate to make sure you’re fairly compensated.
Call us today for a free consultation. We’re here to help.
August 13th, 2018|
All auto accidents have the potential to cause disabling and even life-threatening injuries, but truck accidents are often in a league of their own. That’s because fully-loaded big trucks can weigh 10 times the amount that even the biggest SUVs and pickup trucks weigh. The weight and sheer size difference mean that collisions between tractor-trailers and ordinary passenger vehicles frequently result in serious injuries and even fatalities.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California truck accident lawyers have spent many years fighting for the rights of people who were hurt in truck crashes that weren’t their fault. Although the trucking industry is tightly regulated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, the drivers, companies, and owners in the industry want to maximize their profits. That means regulations are sometimes violated at the expense of safety.
When people are hurt in truck accidents, they face long roads to recovery and many expenses that they might not be able to afford. It’s our legal team’s job to help victims get the money they deserve for things like:
- Medical bills—Truck accident victims often require immediate medical attention. Some need surgery just to survive, while others may need prolonged physical rehabilitation to regain coordination and fine motor skills.
- Lost wages—The injuries associated with truck accidents are often disabling, and that means victims may be unable to work for long periods of time. And when they’re not working, they’re not earning the wages they and their loved ones depend on.
If you or someone you love were hurt in a truck accident, we want to help. Call today for a free consultation.
May 28th, 2018|
The injuries that victims suffer during truck accidents have the potential to be more severe than those caused during crashes involving cars, pickup trucks, and SUVs. That’s because big trucks weigh significantly more than passenger vehicles—up to 80,000 pounds—and because they can reach lengths of nearly 70 feet.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, we know how devastating truck accidents are for victims and their families. A single accident can change multiple lives forever, especially when it causes lifelong disability. Our California truck accident attorneys are dedicated to fighting for the rights of innocent victims and their abilities to pursue compensation for medical bills and lost wages.
To accomplish that, we must first identify who was at fault for crashes. Unlike passenger vehicle accidents, truck accidents can have multiple liable parties, including:
- Truck drivers—Truck drivers must follow not only the “standard” rules of the road, such as not speeding and not driving while intoxicated, but they also must follow rules concerning rest and time off periods.
- Truck companies—Companies that use trucks to transport goods must abide by strict regulations concerning weight limits and loading practices, including making sure loads are evenly distributed.
- Truck owners—Sometimes trucks aren’t owned by either drivers or the companies that use them. Truck owners must maintain their vehicles as required by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
In addition, drivers of other passenger vehicles can also be considered responsible if they initiated a sequence of events that caused a big truck to be involved in a crash.
Get the help you and your loved ones deserve after your truck accident. Call us today for a free consultation.
April 2nd, 2018|
When big trucks—which can weigh up to 80,000 pounds—are involved in accidents with cars, trucks, and SUVs, the occupants of those vehicles face significant risks of suffering devastating injuries.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California truck accident attorneys know that semi truck and tractor trailer accidents are among the most devastating crashes that can happen on highways and interstates throughout the Golden State. Truck accident victims often deal with debilitating pain and disability, while others may face life-threatening complications.
Three common injuries that result from truck accidents include:
- Back and neck injuries – Truck accidents involve tremendous amounts of force—much of which is absorbed by victims’ backs and necks. Victims may develop whiplash, a chronic and disabling neck injury, or they may suffer from torn ligaments and nerve damage in their backs. They may even incur spinal cord damage, which can put them at risk of suffering paralysis.
- Head injuries – Seat belts and air bags are designed to protect drivers’ and passengers’ heads during crashes, but they’re not always 100-percent effective, especially when vehicles collide with trucks. Head injuries are common during collisions with tractor-trailers, and victims can suffer from traumatic brain injuries.
- Internal injuries – Sometimes the most serious injuries victims suffer aren’t visible or obvious. Victims’ internal organs can be damaged during accidents due to blunt force trauma or even due to being forcefully moved around inside their bodies at impact.
No matter what type of injuries you or your loved one suffered as a result of someone else’s negligence, it’s vital that you seek medical attention immediately. Get in touch with us today for a free consultation to find out how we may be able to help you.
January 22nd, 2018|
At Berg Injury Lawyers, we know that truck accidents can be distressing and traumatic. Victims often suffer debilitating injuries that require immediate medical attention, and their main concern after an accident is getting the medical care they need.
Our California truck accident attorneys have helped many victims who were able to be proactive after their accidents and take steps to protect their rights, but we’ve also helped countless other victims who were too hurt, traumatized, or disabled to take all of the recommended steps after a serious crash.
We know that not at all victims are able to follow detailed checklists after accidents, and we’re here to help. However, we know that victims who make the following three phone calls after a truck accident can maximize their chances of getting compensation:
- 911 – Calling 911 should be your first move after any type of accident that involves property damage or injuries. In addition to being required by California law, it also creates a police record of the crash and dispatches emergency medical personnel to the scene.
- Your insurance company – You have a short timeframe—often around 48 hours—to report the accident to your insurer. Call them as soon as you’re able to do so, but consider speaking with a lawyer before volunteering information or admitting fault for the accident.
- A truck accident law firm – Proving fault in truck accident cases can be complex, as multiple parties may be involved. But an experienced legal team knows how to collect evidence and determine who was at fault for the accident.
Don’t delay after your truck accident. Get the experienced help you deserve. Call today for a free consultation, and let us put our track record of success to work for you and your loved ones.
November 27th, 2017|
There are three calls you should make after being involved in a truck accident: 911, your insurance company to report the accident, and the office of an experienced California truck accident lawyer.
Calling 911 means you’ll get prompt medical treatment and a police report of the accident. Calling your insurance company is required by almost all policies. Calling a law firm can help you protect your rights, and the sooner you call, the better.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our legal team acts quickly when we hear from truck accident victims. We know how complex truck accident claims can be, as multiple parties can be held liable. We’re ready to fight for the rights of injured victims by:
- Collecting evidence – Evidence can quickly disappear at truck accident scenes. Our legal team can collect evidence such as traffic or surveillance camera footage, crash scene debris, and witness statements to piece together what happened.
- Negotiating with the insurance company – If we determine that you weren’t at fault for the crash, we’ll find out how much the insurance company owes you. After we calculate your medical bills and lost wages, it’s our goal to make sure the insurance company pays you a fair settlement for your accident-related expenses.
Pursuing compensation after a crash without an attorney on your side can be an uphill battle, as trucking companies and their insurance providers are often hesitant to pay fair settlements to victims. We want to protect our clients from lowball settlements and help them get the money they deserve. Call today for a free consultation.