When deciding on a nursing home for a loved one, you have the right to ask the nursing home staff questions regarding the facility and its policies. It is your right to know how your loved one will be treated.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, we know how difficult a decision like this is, but we also know it is even more difficult to find out that your loved one has been a victim of abuse by the facility you trusted to take care of him or her. If you suspect your family member is the victim of nursing home abuse, give us a call at (800) 400-2374 or fill out our free online form. We’ll start investigating your claim immediately.
Signs of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
You can’t be with your loved one 24 hours a day when he or she is a resident of a nursing home, which can make it difficult to discover nursing home abuse. Some common physical signs to look for that may indicate neglect or abuse include:
- Abnormally pale complexion
- Bruises in a pattern that suggest restraints
- Excessive and sudden weight loss
- Fleas, lice, or dirt on resident or in resident’s room
- Poor personal hygiene or other unattended health problems
- Torn clothing or broken personal items
- Unpleasant odors
- Untreated bedsores, wounds, cuts, bruises, or welts
Other signs to watch out for that indicate improper care or neglect include:
- Allowing resident to wander off the premises
- Inability to explain resident’s condition
- Refusal to allow visitors to see resident alone
- Lack of proper heating or cooling in nursing home
- Sudden change in resident’s medication
If you suspect your loved one is suffering from nursing home abuse or neglect, our California nursing home abuse lawyers can dedicate their time and experience to making sure your family member and your claim get the attention and care they deserve.
Fighting Abuse & Neglect in Nursing Homes
With more than 35 years of experience fighting for injury victims, Berg Injury Lawyers has the experience and resources to help you get results. Our No Fee Guarantee® means that if you don’t win, you pay nothing. So don’t wait to get the help your loved one deserves. Call (800) 400-2374 or complete our free online form to get in touch with our California nursing home abuse lawyers today.