February 27th, 2019|
The aftermath of a car accident can be scary, disorienting, and painful, and your main concern after a crash should be making sure you and your loved ones get the medical attention you need.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, we’re here for you after an auto accident in California. We know how devastating car accidents can be, but we also know that there are steps you can take to start protecting your rights right away:
- Document the crash scene if you’re able to do so—Taking pictures of your vehicle and its location on the road, getting contact information from the other driver(s) and witnesses, and writing down what happened are all steps that can create valuable evidence for your claim.
- Go to your doctor or a hospital—Even if you were evaluated by emergency responders at the crash scene, it’s still important to get a more thorough examination. A full check-up will reveal internal injuries, begin the recovery process, and create an official record of your accident-related injuries.
- Report the accident to your insurance provider—If you decide to file an auto accident claim, you’ll likely be pursuing damages from the other driver’s insurance company. But your own insurance company still requires notification of the crash—often within a day or two of it occurring.
- Call a California car accident lawyer—Personal injury claims are subject to short statutes of limitations in California. In addition, evidence can quickly disappear, and the other driver’s insurance company may begin building its defense against you. We’re ready to investigate the crash, calculate your current and future medical expenses, and help you get maximum compensation.
Let Us Fight for You
After a car accident, our California auto accident attorneys want to help you get compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. You don’t have to go it alone. Call Berg Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation, and get the experienced legal representation you deserve.
February 21st, 2019|
At Berg Injury Lawyers, we believe that everyone should have equal access to the legal system, regardless of how much money they make. We know that many injured victims are hesitant to call a lawyer because they don’t think they can afford one, especially if they’re facing medical bills and lost wages because of their injuries.
That’s why we offer our No Fee Guarantee®.
If you’re dealing with serious injuries and need legal help, you already have enough to worry about. At Berg Injury Lawyers, we don’t think you should have to worry about the cost of an attorney, too. That’s why:
- You don’t pay any money upfront when we take on your claim—It’s our goal to remove as many obstacles as possible that may prevent you from getting a lawyer to stand up for your rights.
- If you don’t win, you pay nothing—Because of the No Fee Guarantee, we only get paid if you get paid. That means there’s absolutely no risk to you. When you call the California accident attorneys at Berg Injury Lawyers, you have everything to gain and nothing to lose.
You’ve Got Enough to Deal with Already. Call Us Today.
You may already be facing expensive medical bills, and you may be out of work for the foreseeable future. The California personal injury attorneys at Berg Injury Lawyers are here to help you. Don’t wait another day to get the help and compensation you deserve for your injuries. Call or contact us online today—we’re ready to fight for your rights.
February 20th, 2019|
February 11th, 2019|
It’s becoming more and more common to see dogs in public throughout the Bay Area and the rest of California. Whether you’re at work, at the store, at a restaurant, or at the park, you may encounter multiple dogs. And while most of those dogs will be leashed and well-behaved, some may be improperly restrained or roaming freely—and they may lash out and bite without provocation or a previous history of aggression.
If you or someone you love was bitten by a dog, you may be experiencing debilitating pain and even disability. Dog bites aren’t just painful—they can also result in severe complications, including nerve damage and infection. In some cases, victims lose feeling or movement in affected limbs, while others may face life-threatening complications due to systemic infections that spread throughout their bodies.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California dog bite lawyers stand up for the rights of victims like you. We know that many victims initially dismiss bites as unavoidable accidents, but it’s important to view them for what they are: negligence on the part of dog owners. In California, dog owners are required to keep their pets restrained in enclosures or on leashes. When they fail to do so and their dogs bite, they can be held liable for any damages.
You shouldn’t have to pay out of pocket for your dog-bite related expenses, including your medical bills and lost wages. Let us help you recover maximum compensation for what you’ve gone through. Call us today for a free consultation.
February 4th, 2019|
Serving in the U.S. Armed Forces is supposed to grant you certain benefits for life, including disability benefits if you suffer an injury or develop an illness during your service. However, the Veterans Administration (VA) is notoriously strict when it comes to awarding benefits to disabled service members. Studies show that as many 31 percent of disability benefits claims are denied.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, we believe that veterans suffering from illnesses and injuries shouldn’t have to face the risk of having their applications denied. Our California veterans disability benefits lawyers know what the VA looks for when it processes claims, and we know how to maximize people’s chances of getting approved.
If you or someone you love became disabled as a result of military service, our legal team is ready to help in the following ways:
- We’ll collect evidence that shows your disability is service-related—The VA is skeptical of most of the claims it receives. The people who review disability claims want to see proof that illnesses and injuries happened. We’re ready to provide plenty of evidence that stands up under the closest scrutiny.
- We’ll ensure that your application is free from mistakes—Some of the biggest reasons that claims are denied are oversights, inaccuracies, and mistakes. All it takes is a small misstep for an application to get denied. We’ll review yours thoroughly to make sure it’s complete and accurate from beginning to end.
Don’t let the benefits you earned slip away. Call us today for a free consultation.
January 28th, 2019|
Every time American workers are issued paychecks, some of their money is deducted by the Social Security Administration (SSA). For most people, that money gets paid back when they retire. But others need that money much earlier if they suffer injuries or illnesses that prevent them from working.
The SSA is responsible for overseeing benefits for both retirees and disabled workers. And while most people automatically get the benefits they’re entitled to when they retire, it’s a different story for people who can’t work due to health problems or disabilities.
First-time applicants for Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits are often rejected. That’s because the SSA has extremely strict criteria for what it considers valid claims. Any minor mistake, oversight, or misstep during the application process can be enough for the SSA to deny a claim.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California Social Security Disability lawyers know how strict the SSA is when it comes to approving benefits for people who can’t work. We also know how devastating it can be for victims and their families when their applications are denied. That’s why we build strong claims that are designed to get approved the first time around.
When you choose us to handle your Social Security Disability claim, you’ll get peace of mind knowing your claim is backed by hard evidence concerning the cause of your injury or illness and its effect on your ability to work. In addition, we’ll make sure your application is complete, accurate, and submitted on time. We know how the SSA reviews claims, and we’re ready to use that knowledge in your favor. Call today for a free consultation.
January 21st, 2019|
As anyone with a loved one living in a nursing home knows, the facilities are often expensive and may be difficult to get into. For many people, those facts create a false sense of security and confidence in their loved ones’ care. Unfortunately, many nursing homes put profits at the top of their priority lists—not providing top-quality care to residents.
To achieve that, nursing homes may be purposely understaffed, forgo effective training regimens, or hire inexperienced workers to take care of residents. Any of those negligent hiring practices can result in poor resident care—and sometimes, it can even result in abuse and neglect.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California nursing home abuse attorneys fight for the rights of both victims and their families after nursing home mistreatment occurs. If you believe there’s a chance that your loved one was abused or neglected in a nursing home, it’s our goal to help in the following ways:
- We can look for evidence that abuse or neglect occurred—Nursing homes almost always deny that mistreatment occurred, but we know what evidence to look for and collect to leave no doubt about what happened.
- We can investigate how your loved one suffered as a result of the abuse or neglect—If your loved one’s health declined after being abused or neglected, we can collect evidence that links his or her mistreatment to new health problems and complications.
- We can negotiate to get you maximum compensation—By calculating how much the abuse or neglect incidents will cost your family, we can fight to get you and your loved one the money you deserve.
If you suspect nursing home abuse or neglect, don’t wait to get experienced legal help. Call us today for a free consultation.
January 14th, 2019|
Medical devices can be life-changing for many of the patients who receive them. They’re designed to reduce pain, increase mobility, and improve quality of life for people with a variety of health problems and disabilities, including joint issues, hernias, and heart rhythm disorders.
But like all products, medical devices must be safely engineered and thoroughly tested before they’re implanted in patients’ bodies. Unfortunately, some medical device manufacturers cut corners when pushing their products to the marketplace. In some cases, manufacturers may even hide data that shows how their products are potentially dangerous to patients in an effort to get them approved for sale.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California defective product attorneys believe that negligent manufacturers should be held liable when their products harm innocent victims. If you or someone you love was hurt by a defective hip or knee replacement, a defective hernia mesh, a dangerous IUD, a defective pacemaker, or any other medical device, we’re here to help.
We have many years of experience assisting victims like you, and we know what it takes to build strong cases on behalf of our clients. When you choose us to handle your defective device injury claim, we’ll collect evidence that proves the device manufacturer failed to uphold its duty to release products that were properly tested, and then we’ll prove that your injury or illness can be traced back to the device. Finally, we’ll negotiate to get you the compensation you deserve for your medical bills and lost wages.
Contact us today for a free consultation, and let us put our experience to work for you.
January 7th, 2019|
If you were recently injured in a big truck accident, you may be in pain, disabled, and facing expensive medical bills that you can’t afford. At Berg Injury Lawyers, our California truck accident attorneys are here to help victims like you during difficult times like these.
When you’re still dealing with the pain and shock of a truck accident, the last thing you want to do is jump through the insurance company’s hoops while attempting to get compensation for your accident-related expenses. Insurance companies know that some victims would rather get money right away and not deal with any hassle than potentially prolong their claims and get the maximum compensation they deserve.
But you don’t have to go it alone. Our legal team knows everything about truck accident claims, including which parties can be held liable, which laws and regulations are often violated and lead to crashes, and how much money they cost victims. When you choose us to handle your claim, we’ll collect evidence that proves who caused the crash, whether it was the truck driver, truck owner, or truck company. Then, we’ll calculate how much money you’re owed for your lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering.
We won’t let the insurance company get away with giving you a lowball settlements. It’s our goal to help you get the money you need to move forward with your life. Call us today for a free consultation.
January 2nd, 2019|
When you take a prescription medication to treat an injury or illness, you expect it to improve your symptoms at best or have no effect at worst. But for some patients, prescription drugs cause them to suffer new complications that can even be life threatening.
That’s because prescription drug manufacturers don’t always make patient safety their top priority, and they may go to great lengths to get their dangerous drugs approved and sold in pharmacies throughout the world.
At Berg Injury Lawyers, we believe that pharmaceutical companies should be held liable when their medications harm innocent people like you. If you were hurt by a dangerous drug, you may be hesitant to file a compensation claim due to the perceived difficulties of winning a claim against a billion-dollar corporation.
But victims like you have the right to pursue damages for injuries or illnesses caused by negligence, and we’re here to help you every step of the way. Our California drug injury lawyers know what successful prescription medication injury claims look like. When you choose us to handle your drug injury claim, we’ll leave no stone unturned as we collect evidence that proves the drug manufacturer’s negligence caused your illness or injury.
Then, we’ll calculate how much money you’re owed for what you’ve gone through. You don’t have to accept a lowball settlement or a denied claim when you were hurt because of a dangerous or defective medication. Call us today for a free consultation.